Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3D max trial download issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
5thavenue
965 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk 3D max trial download issue

Followed the instructions to download the software but wasn't prompted to download the Autodesk Download Manager first after submitting the information form. Let the software download anyway. After it was complete, I search for the .exe file in my computer but it wasn't there. Got back to the 3D max download page where I saw a link to download the ADM but the link wouldn't open.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: 5thavenue

Welcome to the community Roxanne!

I just verified that the download manager prompt and download are functioning as designed.

Where you prompted to specify the save location? Have you tried searching your computer for "

Autodesk_3ds_Max_2013_EFGKJS_Win_64bit.exe" (or 32bit depending on the version you selected)? Does the Akamai NetSession Interface show up in your control panel / add remove programs list? Have you tried switching web browsers?

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.
Message 3 of 5
5thavenue
in reply to: philip.s

Hello Philip,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your help. I wasn't prompted to specify the download location so I guess the file should have been placed in Download by default but it isn't there. I did search for "*.exe" and "Autodesk_3ds_Max_2013_EFGKJS_Win_32bit.exe". The Akamai Netsession Interface does show up in my control panel. I did try to change Web brownser (tried 3 times on FireFox and 2 times on Google Chrome). Everytime I refill the form to the download page and even after clearing the cache and changing email ID, the download progress bar is on "complete". Does it mean that the download manager "sees" the file already exist on my computer?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: 5thavenue

No worries and you're very welcome.

At this point I'm not sure what's really going on here and in an effort to save time and get you up and running, I'll be sending you a Private Message (little envelope next to your profile name once logged in) with browser download links.

Message 5 of 5
5thavenue
in reply to: philip.s

My bad. The file was hidden in my temporary files folder and the computer search couldn't find it but I did...finally

Thanks for the great support Philip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report