Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2015 Products + Latest NLM [11.12]

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DarrenP
1792 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk 2015 Products + Latest NLM [11.12]

If you are using a network license of your Autodesk 2015 product, you MUSTupdate to NLM [Network License Manager] 11.12 in order for the software to get the license from the license server. The 2015 clients cannot get licenses from a server running NLM 11.11 or lower.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank the Up & Ready Blog guys for this tip

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autodesk-2015-products-latest-nlm-1112.html?utm_s...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

I was able to get it to pull from 11.7.  This is an odd admission by Autodesk. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

maybe it depends on the product

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
ellyn
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Could you please include the link where I could download the 11.7 version to run on 2003 server, i keep getting an error adskflex exited with status 128 in the log file.  I have downloaded and used 11.12.  thanks.

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: ellyn

You can get the 32-bit adskflex.exe vendor daemon file for 11.7 attached to my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autodesk-network-license-manager-2014/m-p/38199...

Use it on Server 2003.  The rest of the license manager can stay 11.12 if you like.  Though all of 11.12 should work fine on Server 2003.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8

Hi Travis,

That's what I thought too 'cause,  it worked before, same configuration, same version, when I first installed last July, only the server crashed that I had to reinstall soon as the old server got restored.

I'm also looking at the any possibility that perhaps, the system(microsoft) needs service pack updates, and its not even a corrupted download because the same version of nlm (v11.12) which I've downloaded and installed, worked on a new pc/license server.

Thanks for the inputs.

Message 8 of 8

Right.  Your logs show that the master daemon is firing fine on 11.12, but the adskflex.exe is not.  You could try the 32-bit adskflex and see if it fixes the issue.  Additonally, the adskflex.exe will never fire off if there is an inconsistency in your license file.  Might double-check all of your bases.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report