Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2014 Suited Products WITHOUT Autodesk 360

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tahdesign1
621 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk 2014 Suited Products WITHOUT Autodesk 360

There was another thread on this in the regular Autocad 2013/2014/2015 board but I wanted to move my question here since it really does have to do with installation.

Please note the previous thread went for 5 pages without (from what I can see) an Autodesk responce. This may be because ADSK wants to force 360 to be installed. However, there are people, like myself, that work for companies that will not allow their design software in any way to use the cloud. Here is a link to the previous thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/how-to-install-autocad-2014-without-autodesk-36...

In the previous thread you can see where people have pointed out that it can be unselected as an install software but it still gets installed. The solution is a setup.ini hack to remove the call for ADSYNC. The thread seems to be mostly talking about just the Autocad product but all of my products are "Suited" so it appears to be a little different.

The first suite I am working with is Product Design Suite 2014 Premium. I will be also working with other suites later and I am sure what I just found may change per suite.

In Product Design Suite 2014 Premium the ADSYNC appears in the following sections:

Inventor

Showcase

ACM (AutoCAD Mechanical)

ACADE (AutoCAD Electrical)

So I have removed that entry from all of those areas where it is one of the auguments to the POSTREQUISITE= line.

However, in searching the setup.ini for the ADSYNC entries I find an area where that call is defined. In that area the last line of the definition is states ACTION=INSTALL (see attached). I am wondering if there is some other value that can be used as the augument instead of INSTALL that would work. That way there is only one thing to change. Not multiple occurances of ADSYNC to delete. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: tahdesign1

If you are editing your setup.ini files to take out the 360 what you want to do is remove "ADSYNC" from every product prerequisite/postrequisite lines where it appears. Editing the the setup.ini or the deployments ini file in notepad and then using the find and replace feature it probably the easiest way to do this. Editing the ACTION=INSTALL line from the area where is calls the installation rules will likely just result in an error and cause the install to rollback because a prerequisite has failed to install. At best you will still have some delays in your installation while the installers sorts out what to do with the ADSYNC install each time it is called. The cleanest way is just to remove those calls in the first place from those pre/post requisite lines. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: asburyj

Someone please ask the install programmers there at the 'desk to fix this so that we don't have to hack the INI files for 2016. Thank you.

EDIT: I should have added that I for one absolutely appreciate "insider tech info" such as this. It's not that we don't want to know how to do this stuff, but making the install do what the GUI says it's going to do is a better option for us in this case. Thanks again.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
tahdesign1
in reply to: asburyj

I accept this as the solution but really don't want to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report