Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 1 of 15 (537 Views)

Autodesk 2012 refuses to recognize new or old serial number

537 Views, 14 Replies
05-26-2012 10:39 PM

This is the second or third instance in the past week where a fresh install of Autocad 2012, using our subscription, fails to acknowledge our serial number.

Neither the old number nor the new number is recognized.

In prior instances, we were able to submit a manual activation request.  In this instance, the applet goes doesn't enable getting to that point at all.

Worse yet, Autodesk has reengineered the support system so that it's impossible to sign in and submit a ticket - at least, I can't figure it out now, and I've using - or, more accurately, abused by - the onerous and inconsistent Siebel system for a number of years.

In other news (ranting now), a user who had been blissfully working with the LTU suddenly finds that it is failing to function.  During the requisite support call, we learned that transferring to the new serial number rendered the LTU non-functional.  So now the user can't work from home, and there is no way to make the LTU function.  What's that about?

What gives?  What does it take to get proper operation out of this activation system?  Should users convene to hire an advocate to file for injunctive relief or what?

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 2 of 15 (532 Views)

Re: Autodesk 2012 refuses to recognize new or old serial number

05-27-2012 06:04 PM in reply to: cadmgr

HI cadmgr:

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. I see that you do have an existing Subscription. However, I am not able to verify the contract number. Could you please send me your serial number and the email address associated to your contact through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page)? I will needto research further on your request.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Contributor
cadmgr
Message 3 of 15 (503 Views)

06-01-2012 12:52 AM in reply to: cadmgr

Still waiting for a response. 

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 4 of 15 (500 Views)

06-01-2012 01:14 AM in reply to: cadmgr

Hi cadmgr:

I have coordinated this  your concern to our Premier Team as they are handling your account.  I will make a follow-up and I will send you an email.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 15 (484 Views)

06-01-2012 09:25 AM in reply to: cadmgr

It took me about two weeks to sort out a previous S/N issue with Autodesk.

Most interestingly the LT 2012 box listed my version as one seat but Autodesk had the same S/N associated with a 10 seat deployment.

Good Luck!

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Employee
hoyosj
Message 6 of 15 (473 Views)

06-01-2012 10:31 AM in reply to: cadmgr

Dear Greg,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk. I am the Premier rep that supports Emerson. I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting your license reg/activated. In the email trail I am not able to see the serial number you are trying to activate. May I have that serial number?. I been trying to reach you at your Emerson Email address but the emails are bouncing back.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Juan Hoyos

415-507-4634

Juan.hoyos@autodesk.com

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 7 of 15 (466 Views)

06-01-2012 12:54 PM in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Thank you. 

I must report ASAP to the users, as well as to the sponsors, of these subscriptions. 

Can you please provide a time certain for resolution? 

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 8 of 15 (463 Views)

06-01-2012 12:57 PM in reply to: hoyosj

Both our current and prior serial numbers were transmitted on request to the first responder in this thread.

Please obtain them from him.

Also, please immediately provide a time certain for resolution.

Thank you.

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 9 of 15 (444 Views)

06-04-2012 05:13 PM in reply to: cadmgr

In the absence of any communication from Autodesk today, I left you a vmail.  We are deploying and moving machines, but we cannot move nor register seats with either our old or new credentials.  Please immediately advise.

Contributor
cadmgr
Message 10 of 15 (410 Views)

06-07-2012 12:54 PM in reply to: cadmgr

While I appreciate recent calls from two Autodesk agents, they require callbacks when all parties are busy, as well as further work interruptions.

The bottom line is that Autodesk's flawed support system fails to acknowledge that the people whom the company serves work day-in-day-out on ever-tighter deadlines, surviving on ever-lower budgets and ever-slimmer margins. We all do. Survival means developing better ways to provide equal services, even for the world's de facto autocad monopoly.

We understand the challenges of maintaining reasonable control over intellectual property distribution. At the same time - and also with the understanding that foibles of human nature in the user base prevent Autodesk from reaping a perfect harvest for the value the company provides - Autodesk undertook the responsibility to provide that value, and users have a reasonable expectation to be spared from work stoppages and financial losses caused by an onerous and flawed licensing and support system.

Autodesk's people are absolutely competent - often expert - at resolving issues. The support model is what needs fixing.

Every time Autodesk's system fails - for whatever reason - users lose valuable time and money. For many users in the past and present, this finally reached a "tipping point," both in the marketplace and in the halls of justice. A simple and immediate, interim fix exists to address surprise licensing issues.

Given three decades of worldwide software licensing, validation and activation experience, it is inconceivable that Autodesk has not considered an urgent temporary activation system.

I look forward to receiving a five-day urgent registration, both for activation and LTU, via email.

Thank you.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!