Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2012 refuses to recognize new or old serial number

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
cadmgr
1013 Views, 14 Replies

Autodesk 2012 refuses to recognize new or old serial number

This is the second or third instance in the past week where a fresh install of Autocad 2012, using our subscription, fails to acknowledge our serial number.

Neither the old number nor the new number is recognized.

In prior instances, we were able to submit a manual activation request.  In this instance, the applet goes doesn't enable getting to that point at all.

Worse yet, Autodesk has reengineered the support system so that it's impossible to sign in and submit a ticket - at least, I can't figure it out now, and I've using - or, more accurately, abused by - the onerous and inconsistent Siebel system for a number of years.

In other news (ranting now), a user who had been blissfully working with the LTU suddenly finds that it is failing to function.  During the requisite support call, we learned that transferring to the new serial number rendered the LTU non-functional.  So now the user can't work from home, and there is no way to make the LTU function.  What's that about?

What gives?  What does it take to get proper operation out of this activation system?  Should users convene to hire an advocate to file for injunctive relief or what?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: cadmgr

HI cadmgr:

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. I see that you do have an existing Subscription. However, I am not able to verify the contract number. Could you please send me your serial number and the email address associated to your contact through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page)? I will needto research further on your request.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 15
cadmgr

Still waiting for a response. 

Message 4 of 15
arlinpega.bibat

Hi cadmgr:

I have coordinated this  your concern to our Premier Team as they are handling your account.  I will make a follow-up and I will send you an email.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 15
Charles_Shade

It took me about two weeks to sort out a previous S/N issue with Autodesk.

Most interestingly the LT 2012 box listed my version as one seat but Autodesk had the same S/N associated with a 10 seat deployment.

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 15
hoyosj

Dear Greg,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk. I am the Premier rep that supports Emerson. I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting your license reg/activated. In the email trail I am not able to see the serial number you are trying to activate. May I have that serial number?. I been trying to reach you at your Emerson Email address but the emails are bouncing back.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Juan Hoyos

415-507-4634

Juan.hoyos@autodesk.com

Message 7 of 15
cadmgr
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Thank you. 

I must report ASAP to the users, as well as to the sponsors, of these subscriptions. 

Can you please provide a time certain for resolution? 

Message 8 of 15
cadmgr
in reply to: hoyosj

Both our current and prior serial numbers were transmitted on request to the first responder in this thread.

Please obtain them from him.

Also, please immediately provide a time certain for resolution.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 15
cadmgr

In the absence of any communication from Autodesk today, I left you a vmail.  We are deploying and moving machines, but we cannot move nor register seats with either our old or new credentials.  Please immediately advise.

Message 10 of 15
cadmgr

While I appreciate recent calls from two Autodesk agents, they require callbacks when all parties are busy, as well as further work interruptions.

The bottom line is that Autodesk's flawed support system fails to acknowledge that the people whom the company serves work day-in-day-out on ever-tighter deadlines, surviving on ever-lower budgets and ever-slimmer margins. We all do. Survival means developing better ways to provide equal services, even for the world's de facto autocad monopoly.

We understand the challenges of maintaining reasonable control over intellectual property distribution. At the same time - and also with the understanding that foibles of human nature in the user base prevent Autodesk from reaping a perfect harvest for the value the company provides - Autodesk undertook the responsibility to provide that value, and users have a reasonable expectation to be spared from work stoppages and financial losses caused by an onerous and flawed licensing and support system.

Autodesk's people are absolutely competent - often expert - at resolving issues. The support model is what needs fixing.

Every time Autodesk's system fails - for whatever reason - users lose valuable time and money. For many users in the past and present, this finally reached a "tipping point," both in the marketplace and in the halls of justice. A simple and immediate, interim fix exists to address surprise licensing issues.

Given three decades of worldwide software licensing, validation and activation experience, it is inconceivable that Autodesk has not considered an urgent temporary activation system.

I look forward to receiving a five-day urgent registration, both for activation and LTU, via email.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 15
Jillian.Bejtlich

Hi Cadmgr,

Thanks for the honest and detailed feedback! We’re constantly trying to improve our support model. It’s changed a lot from its original days and it’s going to keep changing as customers’ needs and the way we can deliver support evolve.

For that reason, we’re always open to suggestions and comments. So whatever you'd like to suggest, critique, comment, compliment, vent, or discuss about - we’re listening! Always feel free to send me a private message or you can find most of the forum team over in the Feedback forum. Go ahead and start a new thread in there if you got some ideas you'd like us to check out!

As for this technical issue, definitely keep us updated. If you need more help, you're in the right place. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 15
wthomas5

I had a similar situation with an unrelated company. The "hugeness" of the company we're dealing with here should not hinder our ability to get prompt support as customers. Callbacks the next day where a message was left to call the support person back, only to be limited to leaving them a message and start the whole process over is unaccaptable. The vender needs to do whatever it takes to imeadiately solve the problem. I don't care how much it costs autodesk to provide such service. The software is supposed to download smoothly, if an error occours in download there darn well needs to be a fix at the ready. Of course there are many many reasons for an error in downloading for example because of all the variables involved. But if autodesk hasn't prepared for most conflict issues that can be instantly used by the user...the one who paid big bucks for the software...then autodesk is NOT providing support. I should be able to call and have someone answer the phone and promptly fix the problem. Not a timing consuming phone system that results in a call back if you're lucky only to have the person calling you back that knows absolutely nothing about your problem.

This is just one senerio I've commonly run into when dealing with large organizations. The common reply when you express impatients is something along the lines of...We get thousands of calls and have millions of customers...we couldn't possibly....

BS! millions of customers mean lots of money for your organization. Don't blame us for that.

Ok, rant over, I'm having a download issue myself and there appears to be no link that says "contact customer support now" I should not need to go though a forum to get the answers.

Message 13 of 15
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: wthomas5

Hi wthomas5:

Could you provide us details of your download issue? If you have an active contract or serial number we may use as reference, please send it to us (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may check further on your request.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 14 of 15
cadmgr
in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

It is now June 15.  This puts us into the third week of an unresolved licensing/activation issue.  Since posting our original note, at least two new activations have failed to acknowledge our correct serial number.  We expect the same result upon testing the LTU late today.

We understand that the subscription renewal grace period can affect the immediacy of pending activations (though I fail to understand why Autodesk would want to task its reps with having to handle interim calls when automatiion costs less).  We do not understand why the activiation fails, especially after renewal is achieved.

Today, after no promised response from Autodesk representatives, and after a support call with Nathan, who refused to acknowledge failure after trying the same steps three times in a row without success, and who finally honored my exasperated request to escalate the call, placing it into a hold queue whose music gave way to utter silence, providing further evidence of, at the least, incomplete testing in system design and and inadequate training in support - after all this, I am finally out of patience wtih Autodesk.

The company has used up its last credit regarding benefit of the doubt.  

While we understand that the world at large harbors many people who behave dishonestly - who steal, crack and reverse enginerr software for illicit purposes, we don't understand why Autodesk fails to exercise an iota of leadership by giving fellow humans the benefit of the doubt - especially when we pay Autodesk thousands of dollars per seat for the privilege of reasonably expected product support.

It has not been forthcoming.  What we have received is, as in the incident described above, unreasonable.  

Autodesk's repeated and ongoing failure to provide reasonably expected service, along with its robust history of flawed licensing and activation issues and support, calls into question any claim of good faith the company might make.  

As an FYI, we'll continue to document these issues until resolved through any and all necessary reasonable means.

Message 15 of 15
philip.s

Hello cadmgr,

First off I would like to apologize as it seems there has been a little bit of confusion here. Before we take this offline to exchange sensitive information, I'd like to verify some of the case details.

You have received multiple activation codes from our Registration and Activation team pertaining to AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2012 . The 2012 license was upgraded to 2013 from a subscription contract which expired 5/10/2012 and hence the inability to access the Subscription Center (grace period doesn't allow site / benefit use) and use the LTU (won't work with a license that has been upgraded unless it's tied to an active subscription).

As the 2013 license hasn't been activated, you are certainly still entitled to the 2012 license usage, however it will require a manual activation whenever relevant due to the upgraded status.

In an effort to get this resolved ASAP, can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your phone number and general availability.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report