Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2012 File explorer crashing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ashikabir12
263 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk 2012 File explorer crashing

Hi, so I am a student using Inventor professional 2012. I am currently using windows 8.1 and after some time donwlaoding and applying hotfixes and service packs the software is up and running.

Although it is working, it has casued my file explorer to keep crashing. By crashign i mean i can not click on the file explorer icon, or right click when i am in file explorer. I have done some googling and it seems autodesk is indeed the cause. But they all mention it being autodesk inventor 2013 and 2014. Nothing about 2012.

Any help regarding additional hotfixes or serivce packs will be appreciated. 

Also one more thing, i want to move autodesk to another internal hardrive since best buy just went ahead and split my **** 500gb hardrive into two seperate harddrives (which also removed an additional 10gb of space). I know how to reroute the shortcut to go to the right directory, but i want to know if the software it self will keep working?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: ashikabir12

Since that version is not supported or tested on Windows 8.1 I am not suprised you are encountering some trouble. Have you considered upgrading to the 2015 version that supports windows 8.1? Since you are a student the software is free at http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report