Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2012 64 error accessing upi repository in the 32-bits registry

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
juliehubschman
4882 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk 2012 64 error accessing upi repository in the 32-bits registry

When I attempt to install :

MID: AIS_2012_64bit_EN_18
Product Name: AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2012
Platform: Windows XP/VISTA/Win7 
Media: ESD:INVNTOR 2012 EN ESD64 MLD File 1
Release: 2012
Format: ESD
Date: 3/4/2011
Part Number: 208D1-05ZD01-P501E

AutoCAD(R) is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc.
Copyright 1982-2011 by Autodesk, Inc.  All rights reserved.

version:

Combined installer version is 16.0.0.18
vault is 16.0.56d.200_rtm 
inventor is m16_160_rtm_x64
Fusion is 1.0.0.79

On a:

lenovo intel i7 64 bit 8 gig with 1 gig of video ram

I am getting:

Error accessing UPI repository in the 32-bits registry and it will not install.

See attached Dumpdata.zip file.

Thank you   😞

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I am getting exactly the same error trying to install on pretty much the same machine.  Lenovo Thnikpad W520.  Spent a half day with my local Autodesk distributor, have not been able to solve it yet. So I am keen to hear if anyone has found a solution.

Message 3 of 8

Hi, when did you encounter the error, installing Inventor? or other componet? could you please attach a snap screenshot of that error?

a remember, please install the products in administrator user account

Message 4 of 8

Have found a fix. 

Background: my Lenovo W520 was brand new with the factory installed Windows 7 64 bit operating system installed on it when delivered. The only thing I did since delivery of the machine was let Window 7 configure itself for first use and then install McAfee AV software.  I then switched of McAfee and tried to commence installing Autodesk Product Design Suite Ult. 2012 from the Autodesk USB memory stick.  After a couple of second the Autodesk installer screen appreared and almost immediately popped up an installation failed message. Tried numerous fixes, eg switching off UAC, right clicking the Autodesk setup.exe file and running as administrator although I was already logged in as admin etc.  also had local Autodesk distributor try his media and then try an network deployment. Nothing worked.

Fix:  Had to do a do a complete rebuild of the machine, but did not install McAfee AV software. Autodesk installer then worked properly.   Can't be sure if the problem was with the factory install or with the McAfee AV SW.  I have a feeling it was with the former.  Now the Autodesk prodcuts are installed, I will try reinstalling McAfee AV SW and see if is all still works. Ii's nice to know that the problem was not with Autodesk's products.

Message 5 of 8

thank you for let me know you have solved the issue. I think it may be caused by a conflict between Autodesk products and McAfee anti-virus. please refer to the link information http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15893641&linkID=9240617

Message 6 of 8

The resetting of the whole computer is what I ended updoing and it ended up working...

Message 7 of 8

I have recently stumbled across this same issue with the "Error accessing UPI repository in the 32-bits registry" while attempting to run AutoCAD 2012 after download and installation.  I am running 64bit version Widows Vista Home Premium edition in a 250G Hard drive with 1G of ram and 1G of graphics 2.0ghz dual core processors so I do not think it is lack of capacity or requirements.  I managed to install and open it all under Admin user, but will not begin running application.  Please help, I have also attempted running without any AVG antivirus running as well. 

Message 8 of 8
jimxpulley
in reply to: jimxpulley

Shoot I just realized I said 1gb of Ram.  That was supposed to be 4Gb of Ram.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report