Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2011 network license issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
John_de_Schulthess
924 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk 2011 network license issue

I have setup a 2011 64 network deployment that works fine with our shared network licenses.  When I try to do a 32 bit deployment the installation seems to go fine but when trying to run AutoCAD on the workstation it acts as a standalone installation and asks  you to activate.  It then insists that the serial number is not valid.  I also tried to do a deployment for 2010 and encountered the same error for that network serial number also.  It gives the error as "Error 123".

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Seems as though your network deployment is created as a stand-alone install rather than a network install.  You may need to modify or remake your deployment image. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Ok.  That was it.  I had to click on configure when I got to the create deployments page where standalone was the default option.  I don't recall doing that with the 64 bit install ...

Message 4 of 6

Glad you got it up and running.  The 2012 products ask you instead of making you search for it, which is a huge plus. 

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

OK, thanks. 

Now I'm wondering if I used the standalone serial number in the 64 bit deployment I used and that is why it is working fine.  Guess I better check that!

Message 6 of 6

So long as it is a valid serial number and it is configured as a network install, it really shouldn't matter.  It will grab the license from the NLM.  Smiley Wink

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report