Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutocadLT and PC desktop account question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cronk1
386 Views, 3 Replies

AutocadLT and PC desktop account question

I just bought a new desktop with Windows 7. I installed AutocadLT on it. On the desktop there is an admin account and a standard account (I understand working normally on the standard account is safer). When in the standard account autocad will not open. I have to right click it and open as an administrator and then enter the admin passcode.
I can not remember which account I was in when I loaded the program.
Any ideas how to be able to just open the program when in the standard account? Is it an autocad issue or a windows issue?
When in autocad in the standard account (opened as noted above) I can not access the plotters and plot styles.

Side issue: When I am in the admin account and open autocad I get a "User Account Control" window with the question - "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to the computer?" I do not get this when I open autocad in the standard account via Run as administrator (which is also in a "User Account Control" window. What is up with that?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Cronk1

It is recommended that the first time a user launches AutoCAD that the user account has local administrator or power user privileges. I also recommend disabling the UAC.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Cronk1

I did/do not see where I had any local admin settings on start up.
I turned off (down) the UAC. Now while in a standard account I can not even open autocadLT by "Run as an administrator".
I reversed the two account types but it acts the same way. I can only open autocadLT while in the admin account.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Sounds like a Windows profile issue. Might create a new profile and launch AutoCAD to see if it makes a difference.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report