Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD won't start on MACBookPro

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3337 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD won't start on MACBookPro

Hello, a few weeks ago I installed AutoCAD for mac and everything was working fine until today. I tried to start it up and the icon in the dock would just jump up and down a few times and that's it. I tried to reinstall it and nothing changed. Here are the details of my mac book pro : Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B05 SMC Version (system): 1.41f2 Sudden Motion Sensor: State: Enabled 

Mac OS X v10.5.8

I already installed the update  and my system language is set to British, changed it to US but I still have the same problem.

Thanks for your help guys

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Please post the *adlm.log from the /tmp folder. it could be a license related issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi Hashim Mundol,

thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I can not find anything in my temp folder.

I can go into the Autodesk application folder, and there I have some autodesk programs and one folder is called Adlm. In this folder I have to programs which are called LTU and LMU.

If I go to the AutoCAD folder I only have the application icon and the remove AutoCAD icon.

If I right click on the Icon I get to the contents and there I have another folder called ADLMRES. In there I have another file called AdlmIntRes.

Message 4 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Try to delete the license files manually and try to open autocad.

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.001

if it doesnt help, 

Uninstall Autocad 

delete this folder

/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm

then install again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

yay, it worked 🙂 

Thank you very  much

Have a good day 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report