Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD with new Windows SBS 2003. Open and save extremely slow.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
326 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD with new Windows SBS 2003. Open and save extremely slow.

We have integrated a new server to our network. A Windows SBS 2003 now has all our AutoCAD drawings. A Windows 2000 acting as a file server was previously in place.

All XP and Windows 2000 clients can browse the SBS fast with no problems. All other applications on the client machines have no problem with data being opened and saved to the SBS.

However, AutoCAD cannot open and save with the same amount of success. Even when an old drawing has eventually opened from the SBS and saved to the local HDD, same problem.

I am of the belief that AutoCAD is looking for the old server. What are the possible paths that AutoCAD is looking for?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Delete any invalid shortcuts and clean out all your temp files.

You should also Disable digital sigature icons (right click the AutoCAD icon for this option and uncheck the box.)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

William,

i have the same exact problem (but 15 months after you)
did you ever get it resolved !!!!!!

i am miserable !

nick
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have the same problem which is only NTFS partition not in fat 32 on windows xp operating system. Pls some one help me how to resolve in NTFS file system

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report