Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad will not download

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
267 Views, 3 Replies

autocad will not download

Hi,

Currently doing a college course in autocad and have been given a link by my tutor for the free student version of autocad 2017, I am able to begin download but after 1 or 2 minutes of the download I get the message saying "Installation complete, some products failed to install" none of the products installed all have red crosses next to them. I have tried the free trial of both 17 and 14 and get exactly the same message.

I have checked the system requirments and my laptop has the ability to run the software, it has directX 12 and is fully up to date through windows running on windows 10.

any help as soon as possible would be appreciated as I have work to be completed by next week.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

It installed in 1 to 2 minutes and it's done? Something is wrong.

You should get it here:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain

Do not use the "download and install" combination method (which is the default). Download from the Virtual Agent instead.

Follow the steps outlined here: How to Download, Extract, and start the Install

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Although @Patchy & @rkmcswain have pointed you to the correct solution in getting you product downloaded and installed, I just wanted to add..

If the installation does fail using the Autodesk Virtual Agent, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report