Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD vs Architecture network licensing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcole
195 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD vs Architecture network licensing

I am in a new office using a network license for AutoCAD. We are trying to decide how many seats of Architecture we need vs. how many seats of AutoCAD. Most people here will not use Architecture for the 'smart' features and will only use the Detail Component Manager. In the past with stand alone licenses, I have used Architecture but have been able to load the acad menu as the base menu and modify the aca menu to strip out the functions that are duplicated between AutoCAD and Architecture. My question is; how does the network license work between the two products? If I load acad as the base menu does it pull the AutoCAD network license? Can I use a stripped down Architecture menu (basically only Detail Component Manager) in vanilla AutoCAD? I would like to minimize the seats of Architecture but I also don't want to have to close AutoCAD and open Architecture whenever the Detail Component Manager is needed.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: jcole

it matter what program you launch

if you launch the Autocad Architecture program it will grab an AA license

it doesn't matter what menus you load

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report