Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Subscription Expiration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lfe011969
1764 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Subscription Expiration

The software procurement process for my rather large company is extremely convoluted and it takes eons to get new software so I requested renewal for our AutoCAD subscription (6 seats which expire October 11) back in June. Here it is one week to go and neither myself or my manager can get any kind of straight answer from purchasing concerning this purchase.

I know that Autodesk allows a 30 day grace period after license expiration for renewal without penalties but what happens after the grace period? Will our licenses cease to function? These are network licenses handled by a server in our corporate headquarters in another city.

Lonnie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lfe011969
in reply to: lfe011969

My Autodesk re-seller just told me that our licenses are good forever.  The only thing that is expiring is our subscription so we would only lose the free support, the cloud services and free upgrades.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: lfe011969

You would also lose the ability to run three versions backwards if need be.  Maintaining Subscription is cheaper than upgrading down the road.  Keep that in mind.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
cadmgr
in reply to: TravisNave

10-4 on subscription being the less expensive - and smoother - route.

Travis, we're about to renew, and one of our bidders asserts that the no-penalty grace period has been extended to 45 days. Can you confirm or refute?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report