Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD REVITSUITE FOR 50 USERS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
buchianyi
293 Views, 2 Replies

AUTOCAD REVITSUITE FOR 50 USERS

Hello all,
I just registered on this forum.
I have a team of 50 people working from 7 different locations. We have network connectibility from all 7 locations but also often work individually outside the network. I am desirous of deploying Atocad Revit Architecture Suite for use by all team members. Could somebody help me with info on how to go about this, what sort of license is most suitable and the cost implication?
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: buchianyi

Well, there's a few ways you can do this. If all of your seven different locations are on the same WAN, either by VPN or MPLS or any other method, then you might consider having a single license manager. We have nearly 20 offices nationwide and run a single license manager on our WAN very successfully. The benefit to this is that all users have access to the entire pool of licenses. The disadvantage is that if the license server fails, everybody is down.
If your seven different locations have their own individual LAN connections, you might consider a distributed setup. This would essentially put a license manager in each location with a set amount of your licenses broken up into each office. So if you had 21 seats, you could put three in each office, for example. The advantage to this is that each office would have local connectivity to their own license manager and failures at other offices woudn't affect their office. The disadvantage would be that individual offices would be limited to a smaller finite number of licenses.
For users that are offsite, they can simply use the license borrowing feature to take a license when them when they leave the network. They can also connect via VPN while offsite as well. So this shouldn't be an issue regardless of the type of system you use.
If you need more details on this, please let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
JTBWorld
in reply to: buchianyi

It is less work and cost to have a single license server. Having 7 license servers or the like is a higher cost. You don't need dedicated servers though. You should be able to use an existing server for this.
But then you have to weigh in what happens if the connection between the offices goes down. If you have the file server centrally it is an indication that you would be fine with a single license server. Or can the users continue work if the connection between offices is down, and how often might it happen? Just some thoughts to consider.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World
http://www.jtbworld.com

JTB FlexReport - network license and software usage reports
http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report