Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Reaching Out to Autodesk Sites, Increased Launch Time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
209 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Reaching Out to Autodesk Sites, Increased Launch Time

All,

I am working with someone who is having some troubles with AutoCAD 2012 and a data management software called OpenText.  Essentially, the users open dwg's with OpenText, which forces a new session of AutoCAD to open.  Apparently, it has always worked this way.  However, several weeks ago, AutoCAD apparently started to reach out to a few Autodesk websites, I think to check on activations or something.  Now the drawings take several minutes a piece to open, which is a significant time loss.  If the computers are disconnected from the internet, then the drawings open just fine (still seperate sessions, but not several minutes apiece).  He insists that OpenText is not causing the situation, but I am investigating that avenue.  I will list the websites below, but I am wondering if anyone has ever run across this situation or has experience with AutoCAD interacting with OpenText?  Any advice or things to try will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drjohn
in reply to: petestrycharske

Have you tried disabling autocad 360 and/or WS CommCenter?

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: drjohn

DJ,

I did not perform those steps yet, but that is a good idea.  Thanks for the tip and I'll let you know if it works out!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report