Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad product design suit premium common~1.cab corrupt

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
charlie
14298 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad product design suit premium common~1.cab corrupt

Hi All, 

Hopefully someone can assist. I have just got the above software package from Autodesk on a USB stick.

I get the Error: 1335 telling me that the cabinet file Common~1.cab is correct as it attempts to install the material libary.

The user installing has full admin rights

I have tried copying it to disk from the USB stick - still the same error.

I have done all the windows updates and tried, still the same error.

I am about to try coping to a network drive as found somewhere else, will post result shortly.

I have an 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card if its relevent to this, but I doubt as its an instalation issue.

OS is WIN7-64 SP1

Any ideas anybody? Seems to be a common issue.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BaochengWu
in reply to: charlie

thanks for your report, please check if there is the file common~1.cab under ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILL and ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM.

if yes, please uninstall all other Autodesk Material Libaray 2012 via control panel and then, try to install premium again

Baocheng Wu
SW Engineering Manager
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: BaochengWu

I am having the same issue also with the installation of material library medium.

I get the error 1335: common~1.cab

what should I do? And how do  I check:

...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILL and ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

when you say "check if there is the file common~1.cab under ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILL and ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM."  There is one on the autocad 2012 flash drive. or do you mean on my computer?  If on my computerhow do I check for it?

Message 5 of 10
KevinHu_PDMS_Vault
in reply to: Anonymous

I mean those files should be exist in the source file folder, if you also install products from USB, open the USB folder, you should found common~1.cab under \Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILL and ...\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM.

in addition, please check if there is any Material libray 2012 in the control panel, if yes, uninstall them first. then, try to install Autocad product design suit premium again

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: KevinHu_PDMS_Vault

Nope....I got the same error.  Reinstalled and it didn't work.

Does that mean I have a bad USB flash drive from Autodesk.???

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Charlie how did you resolve the issue? Please i need your input. Your case is very similar to mine.  Did you ask AutoCad

for a new USB flash drive?

Message 8 of 10
charlie

Initially a new copy of the CAB was sent to our FTP space.

This solved the issue, showing that the media was indeed corrupt.

A new copy of the media arrived and installed first time, on the same PC as before, with the same settings.

Just to be sure, I tried the old one again and found the same issue, so it was the USB stick for sure. 

So yes, in my opinion they have had an issue with this, at least two of us. It might just be a blip, they may be many more, I don't know. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I tried like the recommendations above, but the error persists. What is the problem with common~1.cab from Autodesk 3Dmax 2016 for students? And I'm just downloading it. There is another file to replace that one?

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: charlie

Can you upload the video to resolving this issue. Still now getting same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report