Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad network licensing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
raymond1224
582 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad network licensing

Dear Autocad Expertise,

My company is using the Autocad 2009 network version and have pruchased the annual subscription every year.

Most of our users are using Autocad 2008

Now I would have purchased additional 7 set of Autocad 2013 network and request the reseller to upgrade the server to 2013 and remain supporting the Autocad 2008. i.e. the server should support 2008, 2010 - 2013. Is it possible?

If not, how can I increase the no of license and try to use the new version.

Hope any Autodesk experise help or redirect me to corresponding webpage.

Thanks,

Raymond Cheung

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
emily.xu
in reply to: raymond1224

For AutoCAD 2009 license with sub, you can use 2006-2009 versions.

For AutoCAD 2013 license with sub, you can use 2010-2013 versions.

The network license manager is previous version compatible, the latest version can serve the old version product license, so you can manage your license file (both 2009 and 2013) on the same server by using 2013 license manager.

Here is how to combine the license file.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 10
raymond1224

Dear Emily,

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly, I should correct that we are using 2010 now and not 2009.

Regarding to your solutions, there will be 2 license pools and will not be allocated license efficiency and effective.

We would like to make both the old license and new purchased 2013 as a single pools. Is it possible?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Raymond
Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

this will give you an idea on how to do it:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
raymond1224
in reply to: DarrenP

Dear all Autocad expertise,

Sorry for missing presenting my issue.

My problem is that under my current situation -

using 2010 network version with 10 licenses and annual subscription.  90% of users are using 2008 and 10% using 2010. 2008 users do not willing to upgrade to 2010 because of in familiar with 2010. 

Now I want to purchase additional 10 licenses, so that there will be 20 license in pools to share with all 2008 and 2010 users.

However, under current Autodesk policy (told by resller),  the newly purchased Autocad 2013 can inly support down to 2010 .

If it is true, even though I have purchased additional 10 licenses, but in my license pool, there will 20 licenses for 2010 and only 10 licenses for 2008.  i.e. even though we pay the money for additional, in fact the license for 2008 is still unchanged and not enough for allocation.

Hence I would like to seek your advice that under my situation, besides forcing users to upgrade to 2010, is there any alternative solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Raymond Cheung

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

are these 2008 licenses tied to a current subscription contract?

if so you would have to apply for an exception and fill outl paper work which your reseller should have

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
raymond1224

10 sets 2010 is tied with current subscription.
Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

what your reseller told you is correct

you will have to fill out an exemption form to get 2009 licenses or older when the 2014 products come out it will be 2010 and lower

the licenses will time out and not be permanent per the license agreement

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
dgorsman

As ugly as it sounds, sometimes you have to force the update issue with the users.  The longer they stay on an older release the harder it will be for them (and you) to move forward when you have to - more new features, more new work processes.  There could also come a point where either the old version isn't supported on a new operating system mandated by IT, or a new third-party application is required which won't run on the old version; either of which will put you on the spot for a short, rushed upgrade cycle.

Rather than staying static, work out a rough upgrade schedule so the users and management aren't caught off-guard.  It will give you time to consider issues (like license upgrades, training, etc.) well ahead of when it gets to the point of being forced.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: dgorsman

or you can do that

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report