Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mech Networked: From one server to two

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
acwtzwegers
325 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Mech Networked: From one server to two

Previous situation: 1 flexlm server with one 3 seat license (autocad mechanical 2014)

Changes:

- split off 1 seat to a seperate license  (we never asked for them to be merged anyways)

- added another server

- do not want distrubuted or redundant server models, just 1 server per department without sharing.

Now we want to request the .lic file for the new server we get

Activation Limit Reached. You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.
If you would like an Autodesk customer service agent to manually review your activation history, please complete a Customer Service Request.
(Error: 10)

(and the link to the service request doesn't do anything)

Any help please?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: acwtzwegers

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and server name, MAC Address

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, that's what I've been doing...

What I think the problem is that the license has already been registered with 3 seats to server #1 and that we split off 1 seat to a new license which we want to put on server #2.

When I try to register the new seat with the info from server #2 I get the above mentioned error.

So what I think I need to do is remove the seat from server #1 first, before I can register it on server #2

But I have no idea how to do that.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

In all honesty, what you are trying to do should not be done.  If you want to split your licenses between departments, then you should use one single license server and use an adskflex.opt options file to split the licenses as you desire.  Running two different license servers on one network will cause unforseen conflicts and will not prevent one department from obtaining a license from the other server should they choose to. 

Rather than spend more time trying to resolve the issue that you are experiencing, use the merged license on a single server and split them using the options file.  You will get the results you desire and have more control over the licensing.

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: TravisNave

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the departments are actually seperate locations, 100s of kilometers appart.

We have a WAN, but that is so slow that currently the departments that are not at the same location as the current server sometimes cannot obtain a license because it times out.

I'll look into the adskflex options (of course) but I'm still not convinced that the "server per location" model shouldn't be done.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

In that case, you can certainly do a distributed model.  Your one merged serial can still be separated by a distributed license format to any number of servers that you wish.

Or you can still choose to run one central server and increase the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable to increase the time to obtain a license due to latency.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

I run a single server at my corporate office for all of my other offices (20+) nationwide.  My furthest office is over 3000 miles away and can still pull a license without issue.  So, it can be done.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report