Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mech 2006 deploy with SMS 2003

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jcarri06
201 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mech 2006 deploy with SMS 2003

I've found a couple of threads on the topic above, but none had a solution suggested, so here it goes once more:

We're trying to deploy AutoCAD Mech 2006 via SMS 2003 and get the following error:
Error 1606. Could not access network location Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2006\R16.2

Now, the issue isn't really with SMS 2003, but just on how SMS does the installation. SMS uses the system account to perform the installation since our users don't have admin rights. So, to eliminate SMS as the culprit, I ran the installation using the system account as the ID (which in turn, doesn't have a user profile) using the AT command and got the same error above.

So, the question becomes, can AutoCAD Mech 2006 (and AutoCAD 2006 itself) be installed using the local system account, or MUST it use an actual user account with administrator rights to install?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jcarri06

Installation requires an account with local admin rights. The user also needs full write access to the deployment share.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
jcarri06
in reply to: jcarri06

To anyone else who may be having this problem, the following registry changes will get you up and running:

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Local Settings"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\config\\systemprofile\\Local Settings"
"Local AppData"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\config\\systemprofile\\Local Settings\\Application Data"

This basically gives the local system account an Application Data path which is what msi is looking for. I wrapped my installation around a script that captured those current settings, changed them to the settings above, and then restored them when the installation finished.

Works like a charm. This should solve anyone's SMS 2003 deployment of autocad. Message was edited by: jcarri06

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report