Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD MACHANICAL 2008

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
atulvishwakarma
751 Views, 14 Replies

AUTOCAD MACHANICAL 2008

Dear Sir,
Through one server autocad mechanical 2008 about 114 licenes(network version) in running in client computer
now we want to remove the license of autocad mechnical 2008 from server and install new license managar to run new license file of autocad mechanical 2009 .
I want to know does all the autocad mechanical 2008 license will run. with autocad mechanical 2009 license file

Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

If all of your Mechanical 2009 licenses are under Subscription, then your Mechanical 2008 licenses will continue to work by using the 2009 license file. If you are not under Subscription, you can simply append your new 2009 license to your old 2008 license file and they will both continue to work. You do need to upgrade your NLM to the latest version. Let me know if you need additional information.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15

Dear Sir,
Thanks For your Valuable HELP .
All the license of Autocad Mechanical 2008 are under subscription.
IS there need to replace the Serial number in the deployment of ACM2008 with the serial number of ACM2009 then it is only work with ACM2009 license file ?
Can I append the AIP2009 License file with ACM2009 License file. ?
Does all the AIP2008 will work wiht AIP2009 License file they are all under the subscription ?
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: atulvishwakarma

Hi,

If you are under subscription you will receive by default a
license file like this for AutoCAD :

PACKAGE 64300ACD_F adskflex 1.000 COMPONENTS="57600ACD_2009_0F
\
 54600ACD_2008_0F 51200ACD_2007_0F 48800ACD_2006_0F" \

With this you can use AutoCAD 2009, 2008, 2007 or 2006 with
the total number of license you acquire.

The serial number is not use for verification.

If you want only push only ACM2009 license you must specify it
by email to Autodesk.

And yes you can append AIP2009 with ACM2009 and the package
will be (here Inventor series):

PACKAGE 64500INVBUN_F adskflex 1.000
COMPONENTS="59300INVBUN_2009_0F \
 55000INVBUN_2008_0F 51300INVBUN_11_0F
48900INVBUN_10_0F" \

Franck Hervet

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
"atulvishwakarma" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
title="mailto:6086973@discussion.autodesk.com CTRL + Cliquez ici pour suivre le lien"
href="ma...
Dear
Sir, Thanks For your Valuable HELP . All the license of Autocad Mechanical
2008 are under subscription. IS there need to replace the Serial number in the
deployment of ACM2008 with the serial number of ACM2009 then it is only work
with ACM2009 license file ? Can I append the AIP2009 License file with ACM2009
License file. ? Does all the AIP2008 will work wiht AIP2009 License file they
are all under the subscription ? Thanks & Regards Atul
Vishwakarma
Message 5 of 15

Franck is right. If you need further explaination beyond this, let us know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks Travis.

Clignement d'œil émoticône

"TravisNave" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 6087207@discussion.autodesk.com...
Franck
is right. If you need further explaination beyond this, let us
know.

Message 7 of 15

Dear Sir,
Thanks Again for Help.
is there no need to replace the serial no of ACM2008 deployment with the serial no of ACM2009. because more the 300 client computer
ACM 2008 is installed from ACM2008 deployment.and does all ACM2008 will run with ACM2009 License file. ?

In some computer I have installed the standalone ACM2008 .later I have converted into Network version by editing the RUN >REGEDIT
Software > AutoDESK >Autocad > ADLM >TYPE > R.click > then replace the value of 2a with 19

then i restart computer when I run the ACM 2008 it prompt for specify license server then I had given server name now acm2008 pick the license form the specifed server .
my Question is
is there any procedure to convert AIP2008/2009 to convert the standalone version into netversion ?

Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
Message 8 of 15

There is no need to replace the serial number within your deployment. The serial number for network versions are irrelevant because the license exists on the NLM server.

As for converting AIP from stand-alone to network, there is no easy method to do so that would be similar to AutoCAD. Unfortunately, you will have to reinstall as network version.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 15

Dear Sir
Thanks a Lot
kindly clear this.
does all ACM2008(exisit in client computers) will run with new installed ACM2009 License file(same server replacing the ACM2008 license with ACM2009 License). ?
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
Message 10 of 15

Yes. If your ACADM 2009 Licenses are under Subscription, your new license file will contain an additional PACKAGE increment that will allow your new 2009 licenses to run products going back to 2008, 2007, and 2006. Any pre-existing installed ACADM 2008 software on client computers will pull a ACADM 2009 license under this new license feature. The total number of 2008 and 2009 you can use is dependent on how many 2009 licenses you have under Subscription.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 15

Dear Sir,
Thanks A lot of Your Help
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
Message 12 of 15

Dear Sir,
I have configure the License of Autocad Mechanical 2009 on distruted server on BPLGRG2 server 94 License of ACM2009
and on BPLDRG server 20 License of ACM2009 .
I am facing a problem when I run the LMTOOLS in BPLDRG2 server it shows 94 license available and no of licenses in use.
when I run the LMTOOLS in BPLDRG server it does not show any License.
In BPLDRG server UGNX license had been already configured.
I want to know how I can check the no of Licenses are available on BPLDRG server
I had tried this with the feature code I got the given result below.
kindly help me .
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma

Feature Code: 64400AMECH_PP_F

Status shown by LMTools:

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 12/18/2008 10:07

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@BPLDRG
License file(s) on BPLDRG: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License
Manager\License\BPLDRG.lic:

BPLDRG: license server UP (MASTER) v10.8

Vendor daemon status (on BPLDRG):

Users of 64400AMECH_PP_F: Cannot get users of 64400AMECH_PP_F: No such
feature exists.
Feature: 64400AMECH_PP_F
License path: 27000@BPLDRG
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,222
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".
NOTE: lmstat -i does not give information from the server,
but only reads the license file. For this reason,
lmstat -a is recommended instead.

Feature Version # licenses Expires Vendor
_______ _______ __________ _______ ______
64400AMECH_PP_F 1.000 20 1-jan-0 adskflex
Message 13 of 15
JTBWorld

It should work to use LMTOOLS but it might be a problem with the license file as it says 64400AMECH_PP_F: No such
feature exists.
Have you the same versions of the FLEXnet exe files on both servers? I'm wondering as you might have an older existing installation on BPLDRG.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting
Owner/Developer
Blog: http://blog.jtbworld.com/

JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm license report tool) -
http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 14 of 15

Dear Sir
We have the same version of FLEXnet exe files on both servers. I have not installed new NLM of 2009.

we had remove the existing ACM2008 licenses services .and I had configure the new licenses file acm2009 in both distributed server

In BPLDRG server UGNX license files also there . on running LMtools it shows the license of UGNX not of ACM2009

BPLDRG2 server is working fine it show all the license of ACM2009
I want to see Whether it is working or not?
kindly help me how to make it working
can I reconfigure it ?
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vishwakarma
Message 15 of 15

By the looks of your debug log, you are not running the correct version for the 2009 feature code that is listed.

BPLDRG: license server UP (MASTER) v10.8

This should be v11.4 to run your license server. I'd start there and see if you get further errors.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report