Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 not running on new MacBook Pro

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Scbiggs
1548 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 not running on new MacBook Pro

I bought AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 directly from Autodesk in August 2012. I installed it on my MacBook Pro running OS Snow Leopard in August 2012. It installed and subsequently operated correctly.

In July 2014 I bought a new MacBook Pro with OS Mavericks installed. MacBook Pro 13", 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 16000 MHz DDR3.

The computer company PC World migrated all my programs and data from my old laptop to my new laptop. Everything worked except AutoCAD LT. Though it appears to have successfully re-installed itself, it fails to open. It comes up with the message "AutoCAD LT Alert - Folders on your computer that AutoCAD needs access to are not available. AutoCAD cannot run until folder permission issues are resolved". When I click on the 'Learn More' button it re-directs me to a web page in AutoDesk where it explains that there may be a problem with a folder called FLEXnet. I have attached two screen grabs of this web page.

* AutoCAD LT problem (FLEXnet) 1

* AutoCAD LT problem (FLEXnet) 2

When I look at other web pages regarding problems of using AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 with Mavericks operating system it talks about installing a Service Pack 2. See attachment below.

* AutoCAD LT for Mac Service Pack 2

AutoDesk refused to help me. Which method do I use to resolve this problem? Do I need to install this Service Pack 2? Or do I change the name of my existing FLEXnet folder? I am very reluctant to start changing folder names in the FLEXnet thing without knowing what I am doing.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: Scbiggs

Hi Scbiggs,

You may need to end up employing both solutions. AutoCAL LT for Mac requires a SP2  install in order to Activate properly on the Mavricks OS. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/mac-os-mavericks-109-released-autodesk-products.h...

And after migrating your data from the old system to the new you may have to employ the first solution you found

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 9
Scbiggs
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. Last night I downloaded AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 SP2 and installed it. I have attached a screen grab of a link Customer Services sent me to install SP2. My installation of SP2 did not go as it says here. There was no SP1 inside the SP2, not that I could see, and there was no command prompt to type _vernum. I simply followed the instructions and did not change anything and it stated it had installed it successfully. When I attempted to run AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 it came up with the same problem in that it could not find some folders. I never installed SP1 prior to this problem, ie on my old laptop, if that matters. I did try to install SP1 last night as well, but during the installtion it stopped as it stated a newer version of this had already been installed, which I assume it is referring to the recently installed SP2 (?).

2. There is no FLEXnet folder on my laptop. I opened the Library and looked into Preferences (see screen grab of my directories). I have read other people with the same issue do not have this folder either.

So, unfortunately both suggestions that you have mentioned, and that I read eslewhere, do not work.

How come Autodesk do not have a patch to resolve such an issue? I spent £1250 on this software less than two years ago, only to find it does not work now. This was an incredibly expensive mistake to choose AutoCAD.

Message 4 of 9
asburyj

I would suggest a full removal and re installation of AutoCAD LT at this point. Make sure to also re install the SP2 as well. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
Scbiggs

Hi asburyj,

Thankyou again for your help. How do I re-instal my software? I do not have a hard copy. I bought it direct from Autodesk in August 2012 and could only download it. I note you can only download it for 30 days after you bought it. I still have my receipt, s/n and activation code.

Just out of interest, would I need to install SP1 before installing SP2 or just install SP2?

Steve

Message 6 of 9
asburyj

Message 7 of 9
Scbiggs

Hi asburyj,

I un-installed my existing AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013, downloaded a new version via the link you gave me and installed it. It said it had installed successfully. I also downloaded the AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 SP2 and it said it installed successfully. However when I doubled clicked on the AuotCAD LT icon it failed to run. It bounced for some 2 minutes before stopping. The AutoCAD LT image of the Castro Mello Architect stadium came up and the text 'Loading...' was there. But it then stopped doing anything. It did not come up with the same problem as before where it said it could not find some folders. I have not activated this new software as I cannot get it started. I do not know if I have to activate it before it will run (somehow) or whether there is still some other issue with this 2013 version running on Mavericks?

Message 8 of 9
Scbiggs

Hi asburyj,

Success! I have just shut down my laptop, then ran it up again. AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 verified my licence then successfulyl ran.

Thanks very muych for your advice. It seemed a long road as I got many conflicting suggestions until now.

Steve 

Message 9 of 9
stevek

Is there a way to get the installer(autocad 2013 lt mac)  to run on OS X yosemite 10.10.1? There are service packs, but I cant install my software because it says I need 10.6.4 or later. Therefore I cannot install the service packs. Please Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report