Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 Windows 7 x64 activation/ installation issues.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
reichennek
1201 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 Windows 7 x64 activation/ installation issues.

Hello community, i recently purchased an autocad lt 2015 licesence and upgraded from the trial version, when i tried to activate the full product my computer tried to get me to open/save the HTML file that the program was trying to launch in it's own window, and it would bring me to a garbled page if i tried to open it with Chrome, and i could not find an AutoCAD program that would launch the file properly. I was having some other issues with my new installation of windows (The install was less than two weeks old but was buggy as hell) so i decided to reformat and give it a fresh launch with nothing competing. 

This time i have reinstalled and typed in my licsence info into the program and when it launches i get a windows error immediately the first time i launch it. (windows prompt with AutoCad2015 has stopped working click to close the program) 

Now whenever i try and launch the program, (i have reinstalled it 3 times on this new windows install, including following the autocad guide to remove all traces of previous installls on 2 of the attempts) I get a windows prompt that says

"AutoCAD LT Error Aborting"

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at f20b6cfch

I have found some similar threads to this, but nothing to fix this. I have paid for this software and i am currently unhappy.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
camilo.lemos
in reply to: reichennek

Hi reichennek and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you please try the steps described in this solution written by one of our Expert Elites?

Please, let me know if that works!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6
reichennek
in reply to: camilo.lemos

No that solution did not work, i uninstalled .net framework, and used the tool to clean up the registries and whatever else, then reinstalled the newest edition from the microsoft website. I got the same error where AutoCad is being accessed and windows says the program is no longer working.

Message 4 of 6
reichennek

So upon the nth time installing the program trying different things, i realized that during autocad install, the Autodesk Application manager has failed to install. Is this a concern?

Message 5 of 6
LenaMancini

I am having the same problem with 3Ds Max 2015. The application manager fails mid installation, and then the installer freezes.

Message 6 of 6
asburyj

Application manager is the porgram that goes out and automatically finds and prompts you to install updates and service packs for your 2015 Autodesk software. If application manager didn't install it won't affect your Autodesk programs in any way except that you may want to manually go to our website (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/downloads ) and download the latest service packs for your software. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report