Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad lt 2015 installation problems

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Dalzell
10163 Views, 16 Replies

Autocad lt 2015 installation problems

Installation problems for LT 2015 are driving me mad.

I purchased LT 2015 after running trial of LT 2014 and have completely removed LT 2014.

I've tried downloading from the website and using the installer.

I do get a log of why the packages failed to instal including a code 1619 (when i use the website to download) but it means very little to me and our IT dept.

I've tried using the autodesk installer and it freezes at 1.40gb of unpacking and cant be stopped unless you stop in task manager

I've had tech support look my IT dept look and scanned various communities and tried everything all to no avail

i have attached logs if anyone can help identify what is wrong i'd be extremely grateful as i'm stuck mid project at the moment

Thank You 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: Dalzell

Don't install from the website: fully download the +1Gig file, clear out your Windows' Log-in Temp folder, turn off your firewall/anti-virus, and try again.
Message 3 of 17
Dalzell
in reply to: pendean

Cheers for the info so far.

I have tried that approach before but if i could have a link to download again and try in case the first file was currupt in any way i'd be grateful

Cheers

Message 4 of 17
dembkod

Dalzell

Hello. After you get a full download, if you are still having issues installing, try the following:

Uninstall the program.

Uninstall the Visual C++ entries on the system

Uninstall NET

Update your graphics card driver

Reinstall

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 17
rkmcswain

If you're interested - here is some more reading on error 1619

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 17
TravisNave

You should download from the virtual assistant.  The problem, per your log, is a corrupted download. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 17
Dalzell
in reply to: TravisNave

Cheers for all the info Travis at least i feel i'm starting to understand the problem is with the downloads, the latest problem is i cant download LT 2015 from the vitual assistant so any furter assistance would be gratefully recieved

Regards

Message 8 of 17
TravisNave

Honestly then you might try to download the trial.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 17
Dalzell

Hi Travis

Tried again, removed everything tried the trial download, same stops at 1.4gb prior to this stopping its says unpackaging failed i can't even download from the store it says access denied. I bought the software on april 1 and no joy since endless work hour/days lost and a hefty £900+ spent, think its refund time

Thanks for you help though much appriciated

Message 10 of 17
TravisNave

You might actually request physical media. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 17
rkmcswain

TravisNave wrote:

You might actually request physical media. 

You beat me to it.

shipme.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 17
Dalzell

Hi Travis

So this is how the story ends, i requested the installation dvd recieved very promptly and set about installing and got to near the point its always failed and a message pops up, " Do you have permission for C:\ windows \programs\ etc etc\ etc ??\ first run, clicked allow and it went on to install fully no problems. I didnt get all the details as i was so sure it would fail and i'd have to ask our IT to help. Having asked our IT guy and he said he'd never heard of that prompt.

Anyway thought i'd share with you and thank you for your time.

Thank you

davidSmiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 17
graemeatherton

Similar to Dalzell.

I had initial download problems with the Akaimai vitual download Manager and similiarly the screen freezes and I get a 1619 error.

As a result I have had to use the Browser download option.

Although the download was successful. The installation did continue to completion but the application refused to start forcing AutoCAD 2015 to close. Eventually I had to reinstall AutoCAD 2014 in the presence of AutoCAD 2015 just in case there were code dependences in AutoCAD 2014 that AutoCAD 2015 required for configuration and activation.

This made AutoCAD 2014 to be unstable and to crash a colleague, LouiseM,  AutoCAD drawing luckily without corrupting the original 2014 drawing, I have now had to uninstall AutoCAD 2015.

My PC is a HP Z620 Workstation E5-2620 with an Intel Xeon  processor and 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA graphics card and runs 3D Max and 3D civils 2014 without any issues.

It is a shame that AUTOCAD 2015 is so UNSTABLE.

Graeme Atherton

Message 14 of 17
jlarysz

I too am getting a fatal error installing AutoCAD-LT from the 1 Gbyte file. Does anyone know how to get a detailed installation log? Where does the standard log get placed in the filesystem?

Tags (2)
Message 15 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: jlarysz

Installation logs are placed in your %TEMP% folder.  Go to Start > Run (Winkey + R) and type %TEMP% and it will take you to that right location.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 17
Benzcl55
in reply to: pendean

I just purchased the Autocad LT 2015 Subscription for 65$ where do I go to download the LT Softeware?? 

Message 17 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: Benzcl55

http://subscription.autodesk.com

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report