Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 uninstall and reinstall on new computer.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
niall.shanahan
3892 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 uninstall and reinstall on new computer.

I want to uninstall Autocad LT 2014 from a DT and reinstall it on a new DT. What do I have to do? Is it enough to uninstall using the Windows control panel, or are ther extra steps? how do I ensure that the licence is tied to the new DT? 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hello niall.shanahan!

Welcome to the forums!

To make sure the license is tied to the new desktop, you will need to use the License Transfer Utility to move the license from the old computer to the new one before uninstalling it. The instructions for the License Transfer Utility (LTU) can be found here.

Let me know if this helps.

Patricia Cuizon

Message 3 of 11

Thanks Patricia.

So, basically export the licence via the instructions you provided, install the software to the new computer from disc and finish the process by importing the licence to the new DT. Sounds simple.

Message 4 of 11

You're welcome, niall.shanahan.

Yes, that's all you have to do. Good luck! 

Patricia Cuizon

Message 5 of 11
jon
Explorer
in reply to: niall.shanahan

Can I use this technique to use LT 2014 on my desktop and my laptop, ie use LTU to switch between the two, or is it limited in the number of uses?

Jon

Message 6 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: jon

Hi Jon!

Correct that there is not a limit on LTU uses, however, I also would like to point out that  most license types (excluding educational) allow the software to be installed and activated on 2 separate machines, as long as you are the sole user and the 2 aren't used concurrently. Check out the the Autodesk Product Activation FAQ for more info.

Message 7 of 11
jon
Explorer
in reply to: niall.shanahan

Many thanks for that.  It was very helpful and very prompt

Jon

Message 8 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: jon

Our pleasure!

Message 9 of 11

Hi

I'm trying to transfer an Autocad LT licence but I get the error shown in the attached image.

It says the serial number I entered is invalid, but I didn't enter it - I assume it's picked it up from the registry. It didn't ask me to sign in and until making this post I didn't have an autodesk ID. The S/N and key match those on the box are correct. Can anyone help?!

Thanks

Toby

Message 10 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: toby.cambray

Hi @toby.cambray ,

Our License Assistance team will be happy to help you with this! Please, click on this link and follow the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 11
Suselin68
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi,

I want to move the Autocad 2007 LT licensed to another desktop(upgrade) but I don't have the media disc anymore.All that I have is that older software installed here with its licensed key. I need an installation kit in order to do it. Where I can download it. And, after the succesfuly installed, is enough to follow the steps indicated in the first post?

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report