Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 - Licensing Error 36

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MacomAdmin
876 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 - Licensing Error 36

Hello,

I have a user that is using AutoCAD LT 2014. Her laptop is having system board problems and we had a technician come out and replace the system board. I was unable to export the license before the failure and now it will no longer allow me to export the license. I get the following error:

AutoCADError36.png

I should also mention that until 5 minutes ago she was unable to launch AutoCAD without getting a licensing error. It has corrected itself somehow and I am unable to give you the exact error I was recieving. 

Please let me know what I need to do to correct this problem as her system board may need to be replaced a 2nd time.

Thank you for your time,

David Jelley

Edit: Removed previous picture as it included the serial numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: MacomAdmin

You'll simply have to reactivate the software.  You might have to blow away the adsk files under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM.  But reactivation should work for you.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
MacomAdmin
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello Travis,

Thank you for your response. I followed the process to reactivate AutoCAD but that still did not allow me to export the license; I continue to get the same Error 36. 

When I went to follow your alternative instructions I assumed adsk was a file extension, but did not see any. Do you want me to blow away all of the files within that path? (Ie: adsk = Autodesk files?) I just wanted to double check as I don't want to ruin their current install of AutoCAD.

Thank you for your help,

David

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: MacomAdmin

You won't need to export.  Just blow away the adsk*.data files and launch and reactivate with the new hardware.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
MacomAdmin
in reply to: TravisNave

Oh, okay that should work fine then. We are currently awaiting a replacement system as the techs have given up repairing hers. I will mark your first reply as a solution and will reply back if I have any further issues arise with this case.

Thank you for all your help, it is truly appreciated!

- David Jelley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report