Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 installation on Laptop

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dcslick
3769 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 installation on Laptop

Hello,

I was told when purchasing Autocad LT 2014 that I can install the software on my pc and then on my laptop.  Please correct me if I am wrong about the licensing.  I am using both PC and laptop as the same user and I only use the desktop version when I am in office and plan to only use laptop version when I am working from home or in the field.  I successfully installed the software on my desktop (Win 7) but when I go to install and put in my Serial number on the laptop (Win 😎 I get a red X next to it and I cannot proceed any further.  Can anyone assist in helping me resolve the issue?  Am I wrong about the licensing?

Thanks in advance,

DC

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
amanda.k
in reply to: dcslick

Hello Doug,

Welcome to the Forums!

You are absolutely correct on the licensing. You should be able to install it on your work computer, and then a secondary computer such as a laptop or a home computer, as long as they are for one user / not being used concurrently.

AutoCAD LT 2014 is also compatible with Windows 8. Can you take a second look at that start up screen and make sure it says "AutoCAD LT 2014", and not "2013" or just "AutoCAD?". Each version has a separate Serial Number.

If you have verified this and you are still having issues, please attach a screenshot (sensitive information excluded) to a reply of this post, as well as sending me a PM (Click my amanda.k User Name and then select "Send this user a PM") with your Serial Number information.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 3 of 11
saurus
in reply to: dcslick

Hi,

Well I have the sam need - to use my AutocadLT on laptop when I am away from the office. And I know I am allowed to do it - it is in agreement. BUT,

would you be so kind to tell me how?  I enetered the serial, but The product needs registration. Do I have to transfer my licence over the net every time?

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: saurus

Hi Saurus, welcome to the Autodesk Community.

Autodesk standalone products can be activated in two computers (as long as they are not used simultaneously, as mentioned on Amanda's post). To do this you'd simply need to start your second copy of AutoCAD LT and go through the activation process normally. Click on Activate, enter your serial number and product key, get a request code and then receive the activation code which you will use to activate the product. After that you should be able to use the product normally on your two computers.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if you need further assistance.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 11
saurus
in reply to: camilo.lemos

It works! Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: saurus

You're welcome!

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 11
stacesil
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I have same sort of issue.  Forgive me for my general language used, as i know nothing about Autocad yet.  I have 2 copies of AutoCAD LT 2013 at our office.  one of them was easy to install on a second computer.  The other however is more difficult, as the laptop i want to also install it on does not have a CD drive.  what is the proper process for installing AutoCAD LT 2013 on a second laptop, without a CD DRive?

Message 8 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: stacesil

Hi @stacesil and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If you cannot physically install AutoCAD LT on your computer you can use a digital download from our Virtual Agent instead. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 11
stacesil
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your quick response.  As soon as I click AutoCAD products in the virtual agent it gives me the error message:

"I'm sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. If you need further assistance, please refer to our problem form"

Message 10 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: stacesil

Hi @stacesil,

Apologies for the trouble! Below are the links you need, please note these links will expire 30 days after this post:

AutoCAD LT 2013 32-bit

AutoCAD LT 2013 64-bit

If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 11
babbeonatale
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi @jessica.t,

sorry to bother but I've a similar problem to @stacesil's: as an owner of AutoCAD 2010 LT I'm trying to install it in my laptop (no CD drive) but after accessing to my Autodesk Account I can't find it in the products list. I only have "Autodesk 360 Mobile", "Autodesk AutoCAD 360", "Infraworks Online RasterData", "Model Builder for Infraworks 360", "Online Map Data" and "Storage" options... what am I exactly doing wrong? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report