Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 - Product License Activation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DennisLapchis
1072 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 - Product License Activation

I am now on the 5th day attempting to resolve a licensing issue with Autodesk.  The case number is:  09796564

Hours have been spent attempting to resolve the issue with customer service, but not once have I been contacted or worked with tech support to resolve the issue.  So, I'm attempting to throw the net as wide as possible, and post here.  I have a W7 laptop that had AutoCAD LT 2013 installed (purchased from Amazon and completely legit) last year, and it had worked fine ever since.  Then in the past couple weeks, a message started popping up that the license was going to expire, and my serial number no longer works, even after a fresh install, etc.

I'm beyond the outraged stage at this point... how can it take so long to fix a licensing issue that was working just fine!

Any assistance is appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: DennisLapchis

AutoCAD licenses don't expire. Ever.
Did you purchase a subscription with your LT from Amazon? That could be what expired and you'll have to renew it if you want it.

Reread your Amazon purchase receipt again while you wait for someone at Autodesk to respond next week (it's the weekend now bud).
Message 3 of 8
DennisLapchis
in reply to: pendean

Yep, I agree... AutoCAD licenses should never expire... but mine did.  Even gave a count down to the final day, and now the software will not load.

The purchase from Amazon was not a subscription, it was the normal DVD case with serial number and product key on the back... just like every other AutoCAD LT software I've purchased.

Dean, while you smugly tell me to wait because it's the weekend, you don't seem to understand the situation.  Autodesk was contacted a week before the software said it would expire and a case was created.  Since then, we have not once been contacted by tech support... and the hours spent with customer service have been fruitless... I've been waiting for over a week.  

The worst tech support experience in my 17 year IT career... how does Autodesk get away without having a tech support phone number?! 

If you have another suggestion that will help resolve this issue, other than waiting, I'd love to hear it.     

Message 4 of 8

Hi Dennis,

Apologies for any delay or inconvenience this has caused you.

Do reply with the case # so I can check on the status.Once I have the details or any updates I will get back to you right away. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 8

Joane,

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Here's the problem as I see it... there are many willing people to assist, but no one with the willingness to resolve the issue, or ability to find resolution.  I'm not sure which.

Although the problem appears to be a simple licensing issue, the repercussions of this problem are not so simple on my end.  

Since this issue has nothing to do with our software being legitimate, it would sure be great if Autodesk did the right thing and gave us a temporary license in order to keep us productive while we resolve the issue.

Again, thanks for your help... and as I stated in my original post in this forum, the case number is 09796564. 

Message 6 of 8
pendean

I was simply stating a reality my friend, no one works on the weekends around here unless you catch the Asia support team on the flip side of a Sunday evening.

Be nice, don't give people an excuse to feel good about ignoring you.
Message 7 of 8
DennisLapchis
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I was nice for the first 96 hours of this very memorable support experience... being nice didn't work to resolve the issue, and it certainly didn't help create the drawings that were due while the software was unavailable for 72 hours.

And it's great to know that there are tech support folks at Autodesk deriving some weird pleasure in ignoring their customers... it's duly noted.    

7 days after the initial troubleshooting of this issue, an Autodesk tech created a re-activation code and the software is working again.  Is that the bar you are setting for response times? 

FYI, you are not my friend... thanks for all your help... have a great day.

Message 8 of 8
dgorsman

One of the reasons why there isn't a direct technical support number is this is normally handled at the local/regional level by resellers.  There's a number of differences in cost, licensing restrictions, availability, and so on for different regions which becomes difficult to manage with a single global service number.  Find a reseller for your region and develop a good working relationship.  For reference: even though ours is in another city, I can still call them up and get same-business-day service for simple support requirements.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report