Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 on 2nd computer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
365 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 on 2nd computer

I have a version of Autocad LT 2013 for Mac on my laptop and just bought another computer.  Can I just trasfer the license to the new computer or do I need to purchase another seat? We used apple's migration assistant, but when I try to open Autocad it just says:

Autocad LT Alert

Folders on your computer that Autocad needs access to are not available. Autocad cannot run until folder permission issues are resolved.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Natasha and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For each single seat standalone license you have a maximum of two installations. In other words, you can have a single license installed on two machines, but to be compliant with the license agreement only one machine can be used at a time (single seat).

In regards to the error, please see these troubleshooting steps for assistance. However I'm not familiar with Apple's migration assistant and how that works. A fresh installation, instead of a transfer utility, may rectify the issue.

Please respond to this post with any further questions or concerns. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks for the reply.  Is there a link to download autocad LT 2013 instead of transferring it from the laptop to the desktop?  I looked and only saw the service pack.

Thanks,

Natasha

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

As a note, I went to the site where I originally purchased and tried downloading it but it says that the file is not found
Message 5 of 5
pendean

1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
2. Select the choice "Download Links".
3. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
4. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report