Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 loaded onto windows 7 OS x64 freezing while checking license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gary
276 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 loaded onto windows 7 OS x64 freezing while checking license

Hi Forum,

I removed XP X64 from my PC last week and loaded up Windows 7 X64. It accepted the load of my Autocad LT 2013 software including the serial number and product key. However, when going through startup it freezes while checking the license. Windows prompt the program to close, but it won't close. It stays frozen in place even when using control panel to force close it. The only way to close it is to restart the computer. Here's what I've done so far: Downloaded the latest service pak. Updated my video card driver. Added .bak to the flexnet file to try to get it to load up again like it was a first time effort. I've also completed reloaded the program through Virtual Agent. None of these things helped.

I'm out of ideas. And I've got a stack of Revs to complete ASAP. Life is not so great right now.

Anyone have any idea what is the matter with this program?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Gable

Carlsen & Associates

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gary
in reply to: gary

Hi Forum,

Does anyone have any ideas on the problem I described above? At this point I'm pretty stumped. Also, is it me being lame, or is there no tech help for this type of problem other than in the forums? I'd be happy to pay to have someone at Autodesk be at the other end of a phone to get this resolved. This is a one-designer shop. I do all the drawings, shop prints, and designs. I use the program daily and need it working without hitch. I'm not an IT pro by any stretch. I'm an end user. To have this program non-functioning is a really bad situation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

PS- I've just read some posts about Trend antivirus software causing trouble. I haven't reloaded any antivirus software since going to Win 7. The only antivirus software running is Microsoft Security Essentials which comes preloaded with Win 7.

Message 3 of 3
gary
in reply to: gary

More about the problem and really a question about tech support.

Maybe some of you here might have an idea. Obviously this is "old" software (I mean AutoCad LT 2013), and after checking thoroughly I've discovered there isn't any support available in resolving the problem except for here on the forums. And I'm really glad the forum exists because without it we'd all be REALLY lost, not just a little lost I am now. After talking with the sales chat agent about buying a new subscription and getting the advanced support I've learned that if the new software didn't open properly, IE, I had the exact same problem as now, that I could get on the phone with them and right then and there we would work through the problem. If that was the case, it would seem as though this problem is actually pretty common.  I began wondering if this problem I'm having is sort of built into the software. I know that sounds sort of insidious, and maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I've seen worse in the world of software gimics.

Oh, btw, I also created a different user account with full admin priviledges and it still stopped at the licensing check when using this different account. This was a "hail Mary" solution one poster recommended for the same problem.

This seems like it should be a really easy problem to solve. It's a brand new OS, I just bought it. No virus (yet, lol). I literally just had my local computer store format the disk and wipe Windows XP and replace it with a new copy of Windows 7. All my other programs and files work fine. It's just AutoCad.

It's really tempting to just buy a new subscription and get immediate support (well almost immediate, I have to wait 24 hours for the processing of the order) if the problem occurs with AutoCad LT 2015. I suspect it would probably work just fine though.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report