Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2013 GPO install issue gpo.mst

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
martin.franc
2961 Views, 19 Replies

AutoCad LT 2013 GPO install issue gpo.mst

I made a new administrative package, together with the merger with SP1.1. I'm going to put to the test policy (acadlt.msi) and voila. Add the first change script can (ACAD-ACLT2013ENSP1.1x64.mst), the second standard can not (gpo.mst) - AD resist "An error occured Accessing the software installlation data in the active directory". Standard message So when I try to cram wrong somewhere mst, missing information about the version of the application. Was already the same problem with this Civil 2013.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

We tested this on our side,We are not able to re-produce this on 64bit Image of AutoCAD LT 2013.

Can you try to add this using Active Directory client running on another OS.(2003/Xp etc..)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 20

I try do this directly from AD console on W2K8R2. Domain and forest functional level is Windows Server 2008 R2. I think I'll do one more attempt. I download the English installation package and create LT2013 x64 description step by step.

Message 4 of 20

Steps 1 to 12 :create a standard network image (LT2013 x64 EN package downloaded today from Autodesk) + merge with SP 1.1

1) Run setup as administrator

2) Create deployment

3) Conf. name and network path, standard installation settings

4) EULA

5) Serial number

6) Settings part1 (change - deselect Display Welcome screen... in User Preferences)

7) Settings part2 (change - select location of SP and set option "Merge...")

😎 Settings part3 (change - deselect "Enable live updates")

9) Settings part4 (change - select "Allow users to recieve...")

10) Making of network image with SP1.1

11) Network image completed

12) Network location ready

Step 13-25 Our AD

prerequisites:

A Global security group named G SWITestAPP

A Group policy object named SWI TestAPP

13) A tree of group policy in GPMC where is "GPO SWI TestAPP" (a clear gpo without settings)

14) remove "Authenticated Users" group from delegation/filtering GPO SWI TestAPP

15) add group "G SWITestAPP" to security filtering of GPO "SWI TestAPP" with "Apply Group policy" Permitions

16) status of GPO changed to "User configuration settings disabled" because instalation used only part of machine policy

17) Start editing GPO "SWI TestAPP"

18) Configure new package

19) Select msi file from network image

20) Selected method: Advanced

21) Configuration of... Name

22) Configuration of... Deployment and Advanced options

23) Configuration of... Modifications - set 1st mst file (aclt-nameofimage.mst)

24) Configuration of... Modifications - set 2nd mst file (gpo.mst)

25) and click OK = Error

Message 5 of 20

Steps 13-17

Message 6 of 20

Steps ...to 25

Message 7 of 20

What is the error in the event viewer ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 20

App log chronologically :

---

og Name:      Application
Source:        Software Installation
Date:          26.9.2012 10:39:45
Event ID:      119
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxx
Description:
Software Installation encountered an unexpected error while reading from the MSI file \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi.  The error was not serious enough to justify halting the operation.  The following error was encountered: The operation completed successfully.

---

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Date:          26.9.2012 10:39:45
Event ID:      1040
Level:         Information
User:          EGEM\damf_01
Computer:      xxx
Description:
Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi. Client Process Id: 6176.

----

Date:          26.9.2012 10:39:47
Event ID:      1042
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      XXX
Description:
Ending a Windows Installer transaction: \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi. Client Process Id: 6176.

---

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager
Date:          26.9.2012 10:39:46
Event ID:      10000
Keywords:     
Computer:     XXX
Description:
Starting session 0 - ‎2012‎-‎09‎-‎26T08:39:46.432468600Z.

----

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager
Date:          26.9.2012 10:39:47
Event ID:      10001
Keywords:     
Description:
Ending session 0 started ‎2012‎-‎09‎-‎26T08:39:46.432468600Z.

---

Date:          26.9.2012 10:42:26
Event ID:      1040
Description:
Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi. Client Process Id: 6176.

---

Date:          26.9.2012 10:42:26
Event ID:      1042
User:          SYSTEM
Description:
Ending a Windows Installer transaction: \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi. Client Process Id: 6176.

----

Log Name:      Application Source:        Software Installation Date:          26.9.2012 10:42:26 Event ID:      110 Task Category: None Level:         Error Keywords:      Classic User:          N/A Computer:      xxx  Description: Software Installation was unable to generate the script for \\sph00\ADIB\Test\ACLT2013ENx64SP1.1\AdminImage\x64\acadlt\acadlt.msi.  The following error was encountered: Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

----

Log Name:      Application Source:        Software Installation Date:          26.9.2012 10:42:26 Event ID:      101 Task Category: None Level:         Error Keywords:      Classic User:          N/A Computer:      xxx Description: Software Installation encountered the following error: Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

---

its all

Message 9 of 20

could you please try without SP1 ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 20

You think LT2013 without SP1.1...? Yes i have, yes its working. I have 50 clients in domain with LT2013EN (+CZ lang pack) distributed via AD/GPO. Its about 80 installations (clients have laptops and workstations). And versions LT2012/LT2011 with SP2 too.

Message 11 of 20

hi Martin

Thanks for testing, it. I have re-produced the issue in the lab. and found a work around.

Please use the attached mst (gpo_for_sp1.mst, attached as zip) file instead  of gpo.mst against acadlt.msi

For other msi files (AcadLTLP.msi,AcadLTPS.msi) pelase use the original gpo.mst file.

Please let me know if this helps in deploying AutoCAD LT 2013 Sp1.1

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 20

Thanks, maybe I'll try it later today.

It is also applicable to the x86 version of ACLT2013 (SP1.1)? It has the same problem.

Message 13 of 20

Yes it should work on 32 and 64 bit.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 20

Meanwhile... I found same issue in AutoCad 2013 and SP1.1...

Message 15 of 20

I tested it on virtual W7Px64 and it appears that it work (gpo_for_sp1.mst for LT2013). Good job :). Thank You.

Message 16 of 20

thanks for testing,

same file should work for AutoCAD 2013  SP1.1 too, I haven't tested yet..

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 20

Really? Give me 30 minutes.... 🙂

Message 18 of 20
martin.franc
in reply to: martin.franc

Thanks, works fine with ac&aclt2013. 🙂

Message 19 of 20

Thanks for confirming.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 20
mbhame
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Good Lord, Thank You Hashim!!! 

This file works for AutoCAD MEP 2013 w/SP1 embedded as well.

FTR Autodesk Technical Support (1-2 months ago) told me this was because my adminimage share path was excessively-long (even though it wasn't for the prior 5 years of builds). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report