Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 activation issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
scojoh
1161 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 activation issue

Good afternoon!

I'm trying to activate AutoCAD LT 2012 and it keeps telling me my serial number is invalid. It's correct and matches what is on the box.

Anyone have any ideas?  We've been having crash and freeze issues with LT 2013 and we want to try and see if using 2012 will fix the issues, and yes, we've already installed SP1 and SP2 for 2013 and the issues still occur.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: scojoh

So you already upgraded 2012 to 2013, and went ahead and registered 2013?
Message 3 of 5
scojoh
in reply to: pendean

pretty much yes. We have is running on a few machines. Rest are using 2011 at present. The 2011 machines work fine, but the new ones that we've already upgraded to 2013 are having issues, so we thought we'd step back to 2012 and see if the issues occur there or not.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: scojoh

That would be why your old 2012 license is no longer valid. Sorry.

If you'd like help with 2013 installation, post back with details on the problems you've encountered.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: pendean

Dean is right.  When you upgrade, the lease on your old license expires.  If you are under Subscription, you can get an activation code for your old version, but you will have to do so manually.  See my invalid serial number link for a brief explanation.

If you are under Subscription, you can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Otherwise, you will have to continue to use 2013, as upgraded.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report