Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Lt 2011 Startup Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rray
527 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Lt 2011 Startup Error

I have a laptop that will not let AutoCAD LT run.  When you click on the icon, the splash screen appears, then it closes asking if it can send an error report to autodesk.  No error code or message comes up.  I have done a clean uninstall, uninstalled all the .net frameworks then installed just 3.5 sp1 with no luck.  Any help you can give will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
skatterbrainz
in reply to: rray

Have you already checked that the disk is not full or corrupted?  How much RAM does the laptop have?  What operating system and service pack are you using?  Is DirectX 9.0c installed properly?  Have you tried to reinstall it?  What does the Windows event log show?

-------------------------
Get the Visual LISP Developer's Bible 2011 Edition, and the AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible 2012 Edition on Amazon Kindle
Message 3 of 4
rray
in reply to: skatterbrainz

The disk is not full, and the disk does not seem to be corrupt

It has 2 G ram.

It has directx 9c.

I have completed a clean uninstall and reinstall along with reinstalling the vb and c++ runtimes.

I am runing xp sp2 on machine.

Thank you again for your help.

Message 4 of 4
rray
in reply to: rray

I got it.

I finally installed sp3 as a last ditch effort before a wipe and reload and it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report