Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 LTU Failure WinXP

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j.lentz
419 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 LTU Failure WinXP

Hello,

I've been attempting to export an AutoCAD LT 2011 single-seat license before uninstalling the product and reinstalling on another machine.

When I run the LTU utility, I receive the following error:  (and I am not asked to sign-in, by the way...)

Export Request Failed

The serial number you entered is not valid.  Try again.  (1)

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.

Try Again

Error Reference: 1

We have a proxy server, so this could be part of the issue.  But, is there a way to transfer the license to a new PC without having to use this tool or connect to the Internet?  

This particular machine will have the current 2011 install removed, then the software will be installed on a different machine (using the existing license).  After that's done, I have to install single-seat LT 2014 on this machine, for which we already have a license.

This process is already unnecessarily painful for a stand-alone product that should be able to be uninstalled and reinstalled at will.  I would appreciate any help.

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: j.lentz

Install and reauthorize 2011 on the new PC. when all is working, remove it from the old PC. Nothing else to do really, LTU is a POS that should be taken out and drowned.

Enjoy.
Message 3 of 4
byron.morales
in reply to: j.lentz

Hello,

Please contact us at our Registration and Activation line at 1-800-551-1490 press 1 for English and press 1 for StandAlone and we'll be gald to help activate your software on the new computer.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 4 of 4
j.lentz
in reply to: byron.morales

Thank you, I will do so.

Nowhere on your website is this phone number listed, it would (undoubtedly) cut down on repetitive help requests in the forum if this information were more readily available.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report