Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 - Install ok, can't start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pmoret
530 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 - Install ok, can't start

I've just transferred AutoCAD LT from one pc to another (both Win7 Pro 64). The installation went well, the license got transferred with the provided tool.

Now, AutoCAD doesn't start on the new pc. I'm only getting the error msg (see attached) stating that
either AutoCAD didn't get installed correctly, or the user doesn't have the rights to start it.

As I've said, the installation went smoothly. The user has admin rights on this machine. And yes, I've already tried to uninstall everything (including registry clean-up, etc) and re-install. Same result.

My user is getting impatient, and I need to solve that asap.

Thanks in advance for any hint...

Greets

--Pierre

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aaronhai
in reply to: pmoret

Hi pmoret,

Try re-activating AutoCAD LT. If you only have 1 product installed in your machine, please delete the adsk*.data file to force re-activation. To delete the licensing info, backup and remove these files:

On Vista or Windows 7:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data.?backup

On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data.backup

Then, contact Autodesk Registration & Activation Team for manual activation.

*Select Registration or Activation of a Product, under What type of License Assistance do you need drop-down box, fill in your details and type your query under Anything else you want to tell us box.

OR call:
US:1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)
Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 5
pmoret

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your help. I'll try that tomorrow, and will report here.

Greets

--Pierre

Message 4 of 5
pmoret
in reply to: aaronhai

Aaron,

I've tried your suggestion, but it didn't change anything. AutoCAD still doesn't start.
 Smiley Frustrated

--Pierre

Message 5 of 5
pmoret

BTW, I've also tried to right-click on the icon and to run it with admin rights. Still no luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report