Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 crashes at startup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
943 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 crashes at startup

Help! I installed AutoCAD LT 2011 on my Windows XP Home Edition system and it won't run. My system meets the installation requirements. When I start AutoCAD LT I get the splash screen then the AutoCAD gray background (no tool bars) will paint and a progress bar at the bottom of the screen will reach 40% and then the whole thing will close. This happens repeatedly. I found a similar Knowledge Base issue that suggested removing and reinstalling .NET Frameworks 3.5 ... I tried it ... no change. I also found a Knowledge Base suggestion regarding an extra space in a registry entry ... I checked ... no space. Note: I also have AutoCAD 2000i installed on the same system if that makes any difference. Thanks for any suggestions - David
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the Application log in your Event Viewer to see if any errors were logged about your crash. This may prove helpful in determining your issue. If you do not know how to get to the Event Viewer, click Start > Run and type eventvwr in the box and click OK.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK ... there are a few error messages ... the source of the errors are: McLogEvent (McAfee Antivirus), Bonjour Service (Apple), Microsoft Office 12, Windows Search Service, and Application Hang. I checked the properties of each error and nothing seems to me to relate to AutoCAD. Also, if I try to start AutoCad LT 2011, it crashes ... or aborts ... or whatever ... no error is recorded in the Event Viewer/Application log at that moment. Thanks again ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report