Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 Windows 7 Installation Problem: "Please insert the disk:"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clarkcat
7230 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 Windows 7 Installation Problem: "Please insert the disk:"

I'm trying to install AutoCAD LT 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit. Previously we were using Windows XP and had no problems installing or using the program. Last week we upgraded one computer to Windows 7 64 bit and tried installing AutoCAD LT 2010 from the same CD we used for XP installations. We used the setup (Application) file to install. I'm able to accept the license agreement, enter the serial number/user info, and then on the next page when I click "Install" a pop up window comes up saying "Please insert the disc." The disc is inside already. If I click ok, the error message keeps popping up until I click cancel and am closed out of the installation application. I've attached a png file of the error message I am recieving. Can anyone help me with with problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: clarkcat

Does the same one disk work on another PC?

Does another disk on this PC do the same thing?

If you used an installation Disk for another app, does it do the same thing in this one PC?

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: clarkcat

You could just copy the contents of the disc to a folder on your hard drive and install setup.exe from there.  If you have more than one disc, copy all to the same folder overwriting files when prompted.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report