Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2009 License Transfer

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
elyoungiii
7250 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2009 License Transfer

I'm buying a new desktop computer and retiring this one.  I have AutoCAD LT 2009 installed on this one and want to re-install it on the new desktop computer; what do I need to do on this computer to let Autodesk know that I'm not trying to install more copies than i'm entitled to?  I do have a second copy installed on my laptop

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: elyoungiii

Hi Ernest!

This is a fairly common issue and as such there is no need to contact us.

As you have a 2009 version of the software, you would either want to utilize the Portable License Utility or proceed with the standard installation process.

If for some reason you run into an activation error, please contact our License Assistance Team for the necessary help.

I also wanted to point out that the AutoCAD LT 2009 system requirements so that you are aware of supporting operating systems prior to purchasing your new computer.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 3 of 11
jmartinez0975
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip.

Which is the process for unistall the autcad 2009 and after I can install this software on other computer used the same license.

Which are the steps for tranfer the license used the portable utility license?.

When I unistall the autocad 2009 of the computer old leave no trace because I not wanted to duplicated the same license.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: jmartinez0975

Sure thing Jamie!

So the PLU steps are outlined here. If for some reason you experience issues, I'd highly recommend proceeding with the standard install / activation process, contacting our License Assistance Team if additional help is needed.

Message 5 of 11
PSR01

My employer has recently bought me a new laptop so that I can work from home and have loaded Autocad lt2009 onto it and cannot activate it. This copy was loaded onto my desktop six years ago when I joined the company and I understand it can be loaded onto a second machine and used as long as the two machines its loaded onto aren't run at the same time but I cannot get your sytem to recognise the serial number even though it is an official copy.

Can you help?

regards

Paul

Message 6 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: PSR01

Welcome to the community @PSR01.

One of the most common issues of the invalid serial number error is typically due to a license that has been upgraded to a newer version per a subscription contract that has since expired. This would not prevent an existing activation form working properly, but any new activation and/or license transfer attempts with the old license would fail.

Should anyone else encounter this same issue, please see the following article for how to locate your new license information.

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

If you wish to inquire about continuing use on the older license or need to validate an existing license, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 7 of 11
PSR01
in reply to: elyoungiii

Hi All,

Thanks for the response but even when I go to my account and press the download products as suggested there is absolutely nothing listed and therefore no new Product Serial Numbers.   The software was bought new by my employers parent company and installed by them.  When they parted from us two years ago they simply posted me the original installation disks complete with packaging, instructions and serial number.  It is this serial number that I am trying to use to activate the Autocad LT 2009 software on my Laptop computer as I am now partly working from home.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Paul

Message 8 of 11
camilo.lemos

Hi Paul, 

As Philip mentioned above, you will need to contact our License Assistance team to activate this product.

Please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

As this license was transfered from your previous employer to you, you may need to apply for a license transfer exception (Autodesk licenses are normally non-transferable). Click here to learn how to transfer ownership of the license to yourself if applicable. 

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 11
PSR01
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but I don't believe you fully understand my
position.

I work for a company called Aether Lighting which is part of a group of
Companies that included Designplan Lighting. As Designplan was much larger
than us and had a full IT Department we used to use them to purchase all
our IT equipment and software. In 2009 we used them to purchase new
computers and software which included a new PC for myself with AutoCAD LT
2009 installed on it.

They ordered the equipment/software on our behalf, installed, supplied and
we (Aether Lighting) paid for it. Two years ago Designplan left the group
and prior to their departure their IT Department sent me our AutoCAD LT
2009 disks that they had been storing in their software safe.

So technically the AutoCAD LT 2009 software and license is and has always
been the property of my employer Aether Lighting.

All I want to do is load the software onto a Laptop so that I can
occaissionally work from home whilst retaining a copy on my original PC
based at our companies offices. From your documentation this would appear
to be perfectly within the scope of the license but when I tried to
activate the software on the laptop the serial number was unrecognisable.

Are you able to help me with this or can you direct me to someone who can
and not another series of frequently asked questions?

All the best and I look forward to a reply.

Kind regards

Paul St.John Russ
BA (Hons)
Custom Luminaire Design Manager
Aether Lighting Ltd
Unit 2 Larch Court
2 Royal Oak Yard
London SE1 3GB

Tel. 020 7407 8223
Fax. 020 7022 8610
www.aetherlighting.com
Message 10 of 11
philip.s

Thanks for the additional info Paul.

It makes sense that you would not see the license in your Autodesk account as you were not the original purchasing contact. Chances are the license was upgraded and possibly in use by someone else which would explain why you are not able to proceed with the automated activation. As such the recommendation to contact our License Assistance Team and have them validate the license info still stands.

To do so please follow the directions below which will bring up the various contact options including chat and email support:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

Please let us know if that helps and/or if you're still in need of additional assistance.

Message 11 of 11
hai_avn

@philip.s wrote:

It makes sense that you would not see the license in your Autodesk account as you were not the original purchasing contact. Chances are the license was upgraded and possibly in use by someone else which would explain why you are not able to proceed with the automated activation. As such the recommendation to contact our License Assistance Team and have them validate the license info still stands.

To do so please follow the directions below which will bring up the various contact options including chat and email support:

Please let us know if that helps and/or if you're still in need of additional assistance.

@philip.s wrote:

Dear Philip, 

I by chance forget to export licence and uninstalled autocal LT2009 in my old computer, and now do not know to export this?

and now i want to install this Autocal LT in to my new PC. 

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks for your support, 

Your Sincerly 

Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report