Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Licensing .lic file (2007 - 2013)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
667 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Licensing .lic file (2007 - 2013)

Just got an updated .lic file. When I append it to our current .lic (2006 - 2009) it doesn't work. When using the licenseparser it either will show all 2006-2009 or 2010-2013 based on where I put the information in the file (top or bottom). Is there a way to combine the .lic file to support all versions from 2006 - 2013?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Subscription only allows for three versions.  Thus if you had 2009, you could run back to 2006 on your seats.  If you have 2013, you can run back to 2010. You cannot combine Subscription license files.  One will always supersede the other.  This is by design so that you do not violate the license agreement.  If you wish to run 2010-2013 and versions older than 2010 concurrently, you will need to get an exception and then reduce the number of 2013 seats by the number of older seats that you are requesting.  Thus if you had 10 seats of 2009 and upgraded them to 10 seats of 2013, then you cannot legally run 20 seats.  You can only run 10 seats total.  So you might have to get 8 seats of 2013 and an exception for 2 seats of 2009, for example.  You should probably contact your reseller to help you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report