Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD License Transfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmreggae
844 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD License Transfer

Hello I use AutoCAD at my company and we have a problem;
There was a computer (desktop) with licensed AutoCAD but it is disabled.
AutoCAD has been uninstalled from the desktop and will be installed on the notebook .. The problem is that when I put the same license on the notebook it's a mistake "License invalid" .. Probably (most likely) it is linked with the desktop .. How do I unlink this license, or leave it free for me to use the notebook? grateful

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: tmreggae

It's not linked.  What you probably have is a "serial number invalid" error.  If that is the case, your product may have been upgraded or your Subscription expired. 

What is your version of AutoCAD?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
tmreggae
in reply to: TravisNave

I read that the license of AutoCAD is linked with the MAC address of the machine. I checked the serial and everything is correct and the error still persists. There is another way to transfer the license to another machine AutoCAD? There is some support telephone AutoDesk in Brazil? grateful

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: tmreggae

You can probably just reactivate it on a new computer, if that is what you choose.  I wouldn't bother with the license transfer as it will most certainly cause you more problems than you have now.

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 I believe covers the western hemisphere as I could not find a particular activations number for South America. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report