Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD License Transfer Problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
spencerbogucki
658 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD License Transfer Problem

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2013 onto my new laptop, and whenever I try to activate, it says the license (an educational) is already in use on another computer. This was the case - I couldn't install on my old laptop, and I had to use a work machine. When I got my new laptop last week, the user of the other computer, who had generously lent me use of it until mine arrived, uninstalled without transferring the license. Now, I can't use the license, and Autodesk won't get back to me on the subject (communications stopped on Thursday).

AutoCAD 2013 Windows 64-bit, running on a Windows 7 machine, in case that matters. All hardware specs exceed minimum requirements.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: spencerbogucki

You might see if the user of the original laptop can run the LTU for you and transfer the license.  Otherwise, Autodesk will have to activate it for you.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

I borrowed the coworker's laptop, reinstalled 2013, and ran the License Transfer Utility successfully. I can now use AutoCAD 2013 Student Edition on my personal laptop, as it should be.

I declare this problem resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report