Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD is creating a duplicate directory

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ma2-spambox
272 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD is creating a duplicate directory

This is an odd problem and has me stumped:  My computer has a local disk (C) and a local disk (S) where the majority of my drawing files are located.  When I start up my computer, those are the only directories I see.  As soon as I open AutoCad and click on File:Open a thrid diectory (X) appears.  This directory is populated by random files from external hard drives, internal drives, and my C drive.  The (X) drive doesn't go away until I shut down and restart.  I can actually open the files from this drive and it has properties.  Here's a screen shot. 

Just to be clear, this drive DOES NOT EXIST.

Does anyone have any ideas how this is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: ma2-spambox

i think this has to do with Autodesk 360

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ukdxb012
in reply to: ma2-spambox

Uninstall Autodesk 360... Take a look at the following links.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Uninsta...

http://www.thecadmasters.com/wordpress/index.php/2012/04/12/autocad-x-drive-autodesk-360/

You could also try signing out of your product with your ID and sign back in to see if the drive disappears.

Hope that helps.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report