Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD InventorLT Suite Installation fails

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
379 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD InventorLT Suite Installation fails

My company bought a five seat license (1 DVD) for AutoCAD InventorLT Suite 2012. It was in stalled on the first computer a the home office without difficulty. It was then bought to my location where I attempted to install it on a new HP TouchSmart610 (an all-in-one unit). The first attempt it CLAIMED to have installed AutoCAD LT and Inventor LT and to have failed on tools. I did not check at that time and installed on an HP Pavillion P7-1254 with no difficulty.

I then checked to see if the programs would run. Fine on the Pavillion but no go on the All-In-One. Windows explorer showed NO INSTALLATION at all. I made repeated efforts to install to no avail. Does anyone have a solution.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to post your installation log file, not a screen capture of the failure. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Here it is. Hopefully you will find it more usefull than I did.

Thanks for any assistance.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Yes very.

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

That let it install but now I have another problem (probably of my own making). When the suite would not install earlier I tried individual installs. I downloaded the c++ redistributable and installed it and went deeper in the CD looking for setup programs for Inventor and AutoCAD. I found one for AutoCAD and tried to install from it. It halfway installed. My curent problem is that when I start AutoCAD it wants to install again and will not accept the same Product Key as used before. I tried uninstalling AutoCAD and reinstalling. It lets me reinstall but when I try to run the program it wants to install again and refuses the product key. I have tried uninstalling the entire suite and deleting the autodesk folder and any associated files I could find before reinstalling the suite. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

Yeah, you can't really install from the .msi direct.  You need to install from the setup GUI.  That's why you get odd results on launch.

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the link. I'm sorry I took so long to reply and thank you. I cleaned EVERY reference to AutoCAD/Autodesk from ANY part of the computer that I could find including ALL segments of the Register. After that all went well. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report