Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

99 REPLIES 99
SOLVED
Message 1 of 100
mhfagan
69694 Views, 99 Replies

AutoCAD Installation Error; "Aborted.(Error: 9)"

I'm having trouble installing AutoCAD 2014 ...

After proceeding with the download, the loading task bar fails when it reaches 98% with the report, "Aborted. (Error 9)."

This is the first time I've had trouble downloading anything from Autodesk. If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate any correspondence. Thanks!

99 REPLIES 99
Message 2 of 100
ukdxb012
in reply to: mhfagan

Is this the error of which you speak... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-R...

Did you download the product via the Autodesk Virtual Agent... http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk... if not it might be worth redownloading the file.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 100
Sanapan
in reply to: ukdxb012

Please tell me how to solve this error caused problem which restrained me from downloading the AutoCAD 2015. Thank
Message 4 of 100
valisnogt

I have the same problem upon installation. I cant find the solution. please help
Message 5 of 100
camilo.lemos
in reply to: valisnogt

Hi @valisnogt and @Sanapan and welcome both to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried the solutions posted by @ukdxb012 on the post just above yours?

If so you have and it didn't resolve the issue, could you give us more details on where/how the activation went wrong after trying those solutions?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 100
kirubae
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi

its showing error 9 when i try to install autocad 2014. what is this error?

Message 7 of 100
chongyaokang
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi, I face this problem (shown in the picuter) during the installation. Could you give me a solution regarding this??Problem.png

Message 8 of 100
matthew.d
in reply to: chongyaokang

Hi @kirubae and @chongyaokang,

Welcome to the community, both of you!

Here is more information on error 9 in AutoCAD. Have you tried the above solutions posted by @ukdxb012?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 9 of 100
shahriar009
in reply to: matthew.d

hi i steel have the same problem as chongyaokang di but for autocad 2016 and 2015 what should i do to fix this problem 

Message 10 of 100
matthew.d
in reply to: shahriar009

Hi @shahriar009,

Welcome to the community!

Apologies for the issue. Can you make sure that you are signed into your account? Have you also already tried redownloading from the virtual agent with your antivirus software off, as suggested previously?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 11 of 100
brun.bahia

I have the same problem. I 've downloaded LT installer but when the the Autodesk InstallNow starts it shows me that msg right after it initializes.
Aborted.(Error:9).
I've tried redownloading and also shut down my virus scan, didn't help.
Message 12 of 100
bharch
in reply to: brun.bahia

Use the BROWSER DOWNALOD option, do NOT install your software as part of the download process, your system seems unable to handle it.
Message 13 of 100
brun.bahia
in reply to: bharch

Couldn't get LT through browser download. Weird thing is that I have tried a dozen times and nothing, but I did one last try a few mins ago through InstallNow and it worked. Weirdest yet is that all other software gets installed OK using IntallNow, only LT gave me that issue. So I guess it is not my system's issue.

But thanks for the tip! =D

Message 14 of 100
Bepop

not helping
Message 15 of 100
pendean
in reply to: Bepop

If you can't download your Autodesk software from the download link at this page then you have system level issues at play that no one here can fix for you http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
Message 17 of 100
thanhtainguyensvc
in reply to: pendean

Just run the installer with Administrator right and everything will be fine.

Message 18 of 100
Bepop
in reply to: thanhtainguyensvc

how?
Message 19 of 100
mingz17

i tried but same thing happens

Message 20 of 100
PandamusUrsus

Hi,

Same problem as Chongyaokang. Did the following:

1. logged in to download the virtual agent (error happened upon download)
2. re-downloaded the virtual agent and ran it (error happened again)

I tried restarting the computer then ran the program. Restarted computer, re-downloaded the virtual agent, then ran it. Same error on both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report