Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad hangs out after hd cloning

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
galbo01
315 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad hangs out after hd cloning

HI to all, Recently I has to change HD in my laptop so I've clone the old disk. After that almost everything works grate - except AutoCad 2008 LT. Every time I try to launch AutoCad its hang out on the license verification window. When I disconnect the internet before launching program it goes to activations window and then hangs out after the proceed button is pressed. I try to uninstall/reinstall AutoCad several times but it doesn’t help, during every first lunching after installing the window with message "Migration Executable stop working" is showing and then AC hangs out on "License verification" window. Anybody can help me whit that problem? Best Regards
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: galbo01

You cannot clone stand-alone installations of Autodesk software.  It will break the licensing.  To having a working clone, you have to use network licensing, since the license is not held on the client, but rather on the server.

The only way for you to get working is to blow away the licensing on your client (i.e. %programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data) and then relicense the software.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
galbo01
in reply to: TravisNave

OK - I’ve checked both of my partition and definitely there is no such file (adsk*.data) on my HDD. I also wonder why reinstallation doesn’t help?
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: galbo01

Because you have to delete the licensing. It doesn't get replaced on
uninstall or reinstall. The files are hidden.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
galbo01
in reply to: TravisNave

I know that such a files are hidden - so I run the computer with Linux Live CD and I'm pretty sure that this file doesn’t exist on my HDD. The one and only file in the "FLEXnet" folder is adobe*.data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report