Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad for Mac 2013 Unhandled expection, has neer launched once

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nickeroni
1079 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCad for Mac 2013 Unhandled expection, has neer launched once

I have downloaded AutoCad for Mac 2013 and tried to run it. It has never launched sucessfully once. I get an error "unhandled exception"

The report contents list-

crashLog.txt

dmpuserinfo.xml

dumpdata.zip

systemprofile.xml

I am trying to run this on an iMac 27" running OS10.6.8 with a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 6 GB RAM.

I have all the latest software updates from Apple installed before I tried to run AutoCad. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nickeroni
in reply to: nickeroni

in the Mac OS when I try to force quit the app. I get error not responding.

Message 3 of 9
philip.s

Hi nickeroni,

I've moved your message over to the Installation and Licensing board, where it will have greater visibility.

Message 4 of 9
nickeroni
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks I hope to get this running howver I have call the licensing department a few times and they can't seem to fix the issue.

Message 5 of 9
nickeroni

The licensing department has not been able to resolve the issue. I have paid for the software and it seems like it is an issue with some preferences (possibly hidden) in the Mac OS. In the past I have been able to speak to Mac (2nd or 3rd tier) support and resolve similar issues. However, since you guys are Autodesk if you guys communicate with Apple experts I think it will carry more weight. Please help because I want to use AutoCAD asap. Thanks

Message 6 of 9
philip.s

Hi nickeroni,

The licensing department that you speak of is actually our Registration and Activation team, who are not qualified to troubleshoot technical errors. As your license is new, I've created / escalated a case (07377335) to our Up and Ready team for additional support. They will be reaching out to you as well as Joseph as he is listed as the registered contact.

Message 7 of 9
nickeroni

I got notice form the 'Up and Ready' group. Thanks FYI here is some information...

I am not using 3 monitors. I am using an iMac which only has the built in monitor and no slot for another video card. FYI it an 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (64 bit) with 6 GB RAM running Mac OS 10.6.8. I have sent the error report in with my email address.

I also found this article online about users having an issues with AutoCAD when trying to use it on a machine that has Adobe software already on it. I do have Adobe CS3 but I could not get this workaround to work yet. It may be that my 'uninstall' and re- install of AutoCAD is not completely 'uninstalled' or something.

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/

Message 8 of 9
nickeroni

Another person w/ my license got this email which was forwarded to me (Title FW: Regarding [CaseNo:07377335.] FD ESCALATION - AutoCAD for Mac 2013 - UNHANDLED EXCEPTION)

It suggested I try the following work- around

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS16276182

I tried it but It didn't work. I do not have 'Time Machine' enabled but I tried it anyway.

Terminal displayed the following-

"Password:
sudo: mv/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher: command not found
[new-host-3:~] nicks% sudo mv/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher_old
sudo: mv/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher_old: command not found
[new-host-3:~] nicks%
"

Please help.

Message 9 of 9
arlinpega.bibat

Hi nickeroni:

I checked on the case number you provided and it is currently being work on by our product expert. I have made an update to the case and they will contact you directly regarding your concern.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report