Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad: error: decompressing failed

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jasper.vancelst
8235 Views, 9 Replies

autocad: error: decompressing failed

I wanted to download autocad, but while I was downloading I had a message saying 'error decompressing failed'. After the rest of the installation, I saw that everything has been installed except the programm autocad... Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Jasper

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
aaronhai
in reply to: jasper.vancelst

If you are downloading from Subscription Centre, please use Download Manager by selecting Download Now, instead of Browser Download..

Refer - http://download.autodesk.com/us/dlm-help/index.html

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 10

oke thanks, but now i've got still an error 'error: 0x250000ff' what do i've to do now?

Message 4 of 10

Did you ever get a solution?

Message 5 of 10
lbelew0829
in reply to: lbelew0829

I'm getting a connection has expired and decrompression failed error.

Message 6 of 10
Sheenu
in reply to: aaronhai

That doesn't work. I tried downloading Maya and it's still getting that error. I tried every single way possible and it's still getting that error. 

Message 7 of 10

I had this same problem, i think its just too taxing on the computer to be downloading the sofeware and installing it at the same time.the answer for me was using the download manager option which is hidden in grey at the bottom of the download page! from here you can download the file completly first and then install it afterward without needing the internet.

why this option is not highlighted i dont know. see attached image!Capture04.JPG

Message 8 of 10

You have to run the setup as an administrator and it works.

Message 9 of 10

@fredericbachmann

Not sure why you are replying to a posting that is 5 years old..  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10

Hi Mark,
I just replied because I got the same problem this morning, and that is the way I found to solve it!
Not my fault if after 5 years, there is still the same problem, and when I googled it that is the first page that came up...
So I guess even after 5 years it can still be usefull... at least for people like me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report