Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical Subscription: License Server not working for 2010/2011?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
986 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Electrical Subscription: License Server not working for 2010/2011?

Hello everyone,

I've recently taken over the IT duties at my company from the guy who previously set everything up (small business here).

I have a reasonable knowledge of the idea behind licensing but I'm not sure what the problem is in my situation.

My company has one network seat of AutoCAD Electrical and it is a subscription version. I have an older PC with version 2007 that is happy, and a few with 2009.

However, upon installation of a copy of 2010 on a Windows 7 Professional x64 PC, AutoCAD will not start. It says something about not being able to obtain a license and gives the error code [-5,412,0] if I recall correctly.

At this point I updated the version of LMTOOLS running on our server (Windows Server 2003 32-bit) from 11.4 to 11.5 (the version on the 2010 DVD). Still no dice, same error code comes up instantly.

I downloaded all 3.2 GB of AutoCAD 2011 x64 and instead of receiving [-5,412,0] it says [0,0,0] in the error field but otherwise fails the same way.

I noticed a '2008 AutoCAD Electrical License Update' and '2009' version of the same on our server in Add/Remove programs but I don't know where this came from and I suspect I need the 2010/2011 versions of these.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You still need to get a new license file updated every year as well.  Your current license probably only has the 2009 version listed.  Once you update to the latest license file, your product will work.  Call Autodesk and get one.  1-800-551-1490.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, 2011 works now with the new license I was sent.

However, I have one more question: in the email they sent me, what does this line mean?

"3.            Append the INCREMENT information to an existing Autodesk .lic file on your license server."

There are no further instructions.

I assume this is some way of combining my old .LIC file with my new one?

Message 4 of 4
tom.stoeckel
in reply to: Anonymous

This is instruction is referring to copying the increment from the new license file you were sent into the existing license file on your server.  Hopefully this solution will add more clarity:

How to combine license files for multiple Autodesk products

Tom Stoeckel
Content Manager
Strategic Content & Community
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report