Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 - Not Installing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SeanFarr
1970 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 - Not Installing

We just upgraded our system with Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2013 from 2012, and are having difficulty installing AutoCAD Electrical 2013. It seems to progress quite well and then eventually stalls. I let the installation process run all weekend hoping that my PC was just being slow, but when I came back in this morning, it was still at same spot. I installed  4 or 5 programs from the suite including AutoCAD Elctrical 2013 on my home PC with no issues.

I restarted computer and tried re-installing again, but it is stuck at same spot. This thread is the only post I could find that had the same issue, and it seemed the solutuion was to try 5 times??

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Installation-of-AutoCAD-Electrical-2013/m-p/344...

I pressed the Cancel button to try again or the little trick that finished the installation and nothing happens.

Only way to stop installation is to use task manager, which is showing ~50% CPU average usage and ~2.5GB RAM Usage.

My PC Specs

Windows 7 Pro x64

Lenovo Workstation S20

W3505 2.5GHz

Nvidia Quadro 600

16GB RAM

Thanks

Sean

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aaronhai
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi SeanFarr,

If you are installing via network deployment, please turn off silent installations and observe where the installer fails. Please send the installation log file

If it is standalone, please try to install the software in Diagnostic Mode.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 6
SeanFarr
in reply to: aaronhai

I am installing a Stand Alone license, I went into diagnostic mode and the installation had many errors.

Launched the Product Design Ultimate 2013 Suite Installer and these errors prompted: one after anotherError 1.jpg

Error 2.jpg

Error 3.jpg

Once I clicked out on all 3, then the installer let me enter in my serial and product number, then these 2 errors prompted and repeated themselves once.

Error 4.jpg

Error 5.jpg

After pressing the OK button, the Installer let me choose which programs to install, I unselected all the programs except for AutoCAD Electrical 2013, and before I can press the OK button to start the install, this prompt appears and the whole process ends. I did fill it out and sent it.

Error 6.jpg

So not sure what is going on, I am assuming that because I installed the same downloaded software file on my home PC with no issues, that this is an issue with my workstation here at work.

Any help or ideas, what can I do to my workstation to allow an installation.

I downloaded AutoCAD Electrical 2012 and tried to install that but it failed as well.

Sean Farr

Sean Farr

Message 4 of 6
aaronhai

Hi SeanFarr,

This appears to be attributed to issues with Microsoft Installer, as documented in this Microsoft article.

If you have a IT Support Team, it would be good to seek their advise as well or you can adopt the suggestions listed in the Microsoft article.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 6
SeanFarr
in reply to: aaronhai

Right on, haha,

Just seems fishy that I can install Autodesk Inventor 2013 off the same installer no issues, but AutoCAD Electrical is giving issues.

I will contact our IT support and see what they can do.

Thanks

Sean

Sean Farr

Message 6 of 6
SeanFarr

I have installed all software other than AutoCAD Electrical 2013 from the Product Suite Ultimate 2013 installer.

It will not install.

We were in the midst of looking at new workstations, and this issue seems to have pushed the process ahead. I have had computer issues the entire time working here. I have stopped all attempts to install the program, as we have gotten this far without it, what's a couple more weeks until my new workstation arrives.

We also do not employ an IT person, we pay a outside company to take care of our networking/technical needs as we are quite small in terms of an office. So it would seem unproductive and wasteful to get them to figure out why the software doesn't install on the workstation when in a few weeks, we will install the software on new workstation.

Thanks to all for your help, but the situation will be not be flagged as resolved, because we don't know why that particular program won't install off the same installer that other programs can install from. Just doesn't make sense.

Sean Farr

Sean Farr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report