Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 Fails -- Error 1328 -- Config.Msi

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
AE4721
1695 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 Fails -- Error 1328 -- Config.Msi

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 will not do Update 1

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit on a HP ProBook 4540s with Intel Core i7 and 8 GB Ram

License Type = Network License

License Server Model = Single Server License

The error mesaage is attached as a PNG file.

Error 1328.  Error applying patch to file

C:\Config.Msi\PT359B.tmp.  It has probably been

updated by other means, and can no longer be modified

by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor.

Retry          Cancel

There is no option to ignore this error and the Update 1 install completely fails.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AE4721
in reply to: AE4721

It looks like the AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 -- 64 Bit certificate has expired and that is what is preventing the Update 1 from completing.

Attached is a PNG screen picture.

Autodesk please look into this a fix the AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 -- 64 Bit if required. 

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

It's more likely that your product is already up-to-date.  Are you experiencing a particular issue that this patch fixes?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
AE4721
in reply to: TravisNave

I believe AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 -- 64 Bit did not install for the following four reasons:

1)

I experienced Error 1328 when trying to install Update 1.

2)

Help--About AutoCAD Electrical

Does not show Update 1

Does show "Product Version: E.49.0.0"

3)

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/ace2011_update1_readme_eng.html

Files Patched by This Update

This release updates all AutoCAD Electrical 2011 files.

My acad.exe file is dated 2/10/2010  9:17AM  16,828 KB

4) 

When I try to install Update 2 -- 64 Bit I get an "Installation Error"

"The Service Pack could not be installed because it is designed for

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 - Update 1 (Version 2.1)."

A screen picture PNG file of the Update 2 -- 64 Bit Installation Error is Attached

Please help me install Update 1

Message 5 of 9
avto

Sorry to hear that you have troubles installing SP1 for ACADE 2011.

The error 1328 during a product service pack installation can be safely ignored.  We have seen this error with various Autodesk products (e.g. ACAD MEP 2012, ACA 2012) and blogged about it on our Up and Ready blog.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/installation-error-1328-when-installing-service-p...

Please make sure you are logged in with your local admin account and have your antivirus disabled, then download ace2011_swl_update1_x64.exe again and during Service Pack installation, please click Retry (you may need to click on it several times) to finish the installation.

Best regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
AE4721

I have tried cliccking on "Retry" many times and Update 1 will not complete.

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1 is using Windows Installer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Installer

Windows Installer 5.0.7601.17514 will not allow ignore if the file table attribute is set to 512 (msidbFileAttributesVital)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa368596(v=vs.85).aspx

msidbFileAttributesVital0x000200512The file is vital for the accurate operation of the component to which it belongs. If the installation of a file with the msidbFileAttributesVital attribute fails, the installation stops and is rolled back. In this case, the Installer displays a dialog box without an Ignore button.

If this attribute is not set, and the installation of the file fails, the Installer displays a dialog box with an Ignore button. In this case, the user can choose to ignore the failure to install the file and continue.

If the msidbFileAttributesVital bit within the Attributes column is set, and if the component to which the file belongs is selected for installation, then the installer must be able to install this file for the installation to be completed successfully. If the installer is unable to install the file for some reason (for example, if the source file cannot be located within the source image), then an error dialog box will appear with the options "Retry" or "Cancel". For a file that does not have msidbFileAttributesVital set, the options in case of an install error will be "Abort", "Retry", and "Ignore" (that is, the user will have the option to complete the install successfully without installing that file).

I think the ace2011_swl_update1_x64.exe install package has a file with msidbFileAttributesVital that is preventing Update 1 to be installed on my comnputer.

I can't tell what the file is that is causing the problem because the name changes on each install attempt and is is a no descriptive file name like C:\Config.Msi\PT359B.TMP.

Can Autodesk help me isolate the file in the install package that is causing the install failure?

Message 7 of 9
avto

I just tested this out as follows:

1.installed ACADE 2011 on a clean W7x64 system without SP1

2.downlaoded and installed SP1 (ace2011_swl_update1_x64.exe) successfully on it

Thus the issue is not with SP1 installer file, can you try reinstalling ACADE 2011 and include SP1 during the product installation?

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
AE4721

When you say SP1 do you mean AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Update 1?

There is no Service Pack for AutoCAD Electrical 2011, there are Update 1 and Update 2.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240738#section3

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Service Pack 1.

When I installed AutoCAD Electrical 2011 about one week ago my computer was only about two weeks old.

Is there a documented procedure for totally removing AutoCAD Electrical 2011?  Including how to transfer the licence.

I have performed the "Repair" AutoCAD Electical 2011 with Control Panel--Uninstall a Program--Uninstall/Change

Uninstalling and installing will take a few hours and I don't have the time to do it right now.  I will wait a bit before attempting your idea.

Message 9 of 9
avto

Yes, you are correct; there is no Service Pack 1 for ACAD Electrical 2011, but Update 1 and to avoid possible misunderstanding I indicated the file name, ace2011_swl_update1_x64.exe, in my previous post.

I’m sorry for any confusion this may have caused you though.

Usually, ACADE 2011 uninstallation from Widows Control Panel > Programs and Features does good job, but you can also check following ACADE 2011 content on your files system and the system registry.

After ACADE 2011 uninstallation if you find following folders on your file system, please rename them and once you verify that you have successfully reinstalled the product then you can delete them.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2011

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011

These are ACAD E 2011 folders related to your Windows user profile, you can also rename them.

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011

In your system registry you can search for following keys that relate to ACADE 2011 install.

If you find keys below, please export them as .reg files first (for back up purposes) and then delete them in your system registry.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F387570099040102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F387570099040112000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9007:409

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9007:409

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F387570099040102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F387570099040112000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-9007-0409-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-9007-0409-1102-0060B0CE6BBA}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AutoCAD Electrical 2011

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Language Pack – English

Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com.

Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.

Please note that you do not need to transfer you license as you will be installing ACADE 2011 on the same system it was activated on earlier.  However, should you need to transfer your license to another system, you can use License Transfer Utility before uninstalling ACADE 2011 from your system.

More about transferring standalone license you can read on ACADE WikiHelp site, the link is below.

Please note that instructions are for version 2013 but they apply to 2011 as well.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2013/Help/0000-AutoCAD_0/0021-Autodesk21/0026-St...

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report